Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Does this sword look authentic?

Article about: Hello. I came across this sword at a good price. It is described as an NCO dress sword about 1940. However, it looks to be different from other similar Heer swords, especially in the handle

@ Composite .... I will try to reach out to Michael Ryan who had assembled the masses of these swords of what has been pinned at the top of this forum. I am hopeful his phone number has not changed.

No Promises. He is his own person and has become disenchanted because of such postings of hit and run posters or someone looking for a quick buck and the hell with history.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this sword look authentic?
    P
    Many

Thank you all for your invaluable help, such as pointing out the wrong wire on the wrong grip. The moment I saw it the sword seemed off to me. I have never actually seen one in person, but I have seen enough pics of these swords to get a general feel for them, and my feeling has not been good. The sword in question was selling in Spain for only 350 Euros which is an unusually good price, so maybe that should have given it away. Thanks for helping me out.

Interesting it was for sale in Spain. While not evidence of where it was manufactured, Spain was where some of the early post war reproductions of TR daggers came from.

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    And in the second picture I highlighted something you would not expect to see on a period tr sword..
    I have to disagree with this statement.
    Here is a photo of my WMW Waffen Panther head sword, (which by the way, is a similar style to the one originally posted), that displays the characteristics that you have highlighted.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I have to disagree with this statement.
    Here is a photo of my WMW Waffen Panther head sword, (which by the way, is a similar style to the one originally posted), that displays the characteristics that you have highlighted.
    Ralph.

Sorry Ralph, but no... yours do not show what i have highlighted! Yours do not have all these flaws...!
    Yours is correct grip.. correct grip wire..
    Look closer in op original picture and zoom.. then you for sure will see what I pointed out..
    So hard sometimes to explain by a text! And not be misunderstood...

Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

Never mind! It is sometimes pretty hard to explain when your native language is not English!
    And you know the correct words and terms in your own language..

Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

Chucking in this

I also agree that Ralphs example is the correct grip type and I did not see the flaws that the Colonel has pointed out.
    At a quick look...I did not see it but when viewing Ralphs example ..I saw the flaws on the OPs example.

Best Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-18-2020 at 03:47 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Sorry Ralph, but no... yours do not show what i have highlighted! Yours do not have all these flaws...!
    Yours is correct grip.. correct grip wire..
    Look closer in op original picture and zoom.. then you for sure will see what I pointed out..
    So hard sometimes to explain by a text! And not be misunderstood...

Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard
    Sorry, now I understand what you were pointing out.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello. Are you interested in the link to the sword in question?...or does that violate any forum rules? Please let me know.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast