Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn Derfflinger 1735

Article about: Good day. I am being offered 2 swords from a local dealer. one is an etched blade WW1 Eickhorn that I'm only slightly interested in but the other appears to be an Eickhorn Derfflinger 1735.

Default Eickhorn Derfflinger 1735

Good day. I am being offered 2 swords from a local dealer. one is an etched blade WW1 Eickhorn that I'm only slightly interested in but the other appears to be an Eickhorn Derfflinger 1735. (Shout out to Ade and Swordfish for their posts that helped me id it) The sword looks to be in overall excellent shape for its age with great paint on the scabbard and no corrosion or dings in the blade which is marked with the Eickhorn squirrel. There is a deeply struck Ges Gesch in the top of the handguard and everything appears correct to me (a novice). My concern comes with the eagle. all the examples i've been able to find appear to have slightly different heads. Possibly just from wear. Below are some close up photos of the eagle for review. Admittedly they are photos of my phone as it is a dumb smartphone and can't send photos so quality isn't that great. What do you think?

Eickhorn Derfflinger 1735Eickhorn Derfflinger 1735

Thanks in Advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Derfflinger 1735
    P
    Many

?

Looks ok to me, I have one the eagle is the same shape including the head.
    Neil