Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber

Article about: Hey folks. I wanted to upload pics of my new Eickhorn dovehead army saber. It's in pretty nice shape. I believe it is a Wrangel Pattern based on my research. If I'm wrong or if any of you ex

Default Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber

Hey folks. I wanted to upload pics of my new Eickhorn dovehead army saber. It's in pretty nice shape. I believe it is a Wrangel Pattern based on my research. If I'm wrong or if any of you experts would care to tell me more about this piece, I'd love to learn more. Also has a pair of Ges. Gesch. Stamps.

Would this be part of the Field Marshall Series? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber   Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber  

Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber   Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber  

Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber
    P
    Many

Yes it is Field Marshall Series Carl Eickhorn - Wrangel 1693.
    Sabre is probably produced in the period from 1936 - 1940, judging by the Eickhorn logo.
    Stamp Ges.Gesch indicates patent and label for quality. (It is very common on the Carl Eickhorn sword from Field Marshall Series.)
    Otherwise your sword has a very unusual wire around the handle, I'm usually seen such a style seen only in aluminum wire grip style - single braid.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber  
    Last edited by Rancid66; 03-28-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Hi, The answer to your question is yes!! Your sword or sabre is a Generalfeldmarshall Wrangel pattern Carl Eickhorn item bearing the model number 1693 if my memory serves. It is, as you speculated, a member of the "Field Marshall" series patented (Ges. Gesch. or patent pending) by Eickhorn and was I beleive, a popular model. Hence, not one of the rarer swords in the series. None-the-less, a very attractive item in equaly nice condition. A nice find, congratulations!!
    Regards and best wishes Michael R

Hi Naptime..great name and welcome to the forum...... you made a great entrance..with your sword and the appreciation of our top sword collectors. Enjoy your stay. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very nice, this was my first sword also, the field marshall series was a special series of swords in the Eickhorn catalog, I believe all of them were ges gesch or patented, the Wrangel model is common when compared to the Lutzow or Derfflinger but still rarer then a common sword, congrats and here is mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber   Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber  

Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber   Eickhorn Dovehead Army Saber  

Wow guys. Thanks for the warm welcome. Your swords are much much nicer. Seriously. Any recommendations on where I could pick up a decent sword knot? Thanks everyone.

?

Great looking sword friend.
    You might try the dealers that help sponsor the forum. Top sellers.

You may want to contact Paul Hogle at Lakesidetrader. If he doesn't have a knot in stock, he does get quite a number of various kinds in all the time and could let you know when he does. A very good seller and a decent guy.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

My advice - be very careful.
    The market is tampered with mint sword knot, and in Germany today are reproduced a very good sword knot.
    There are also some post-war sword knot, used by the Bundeswehr.

Reagrds
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 03-28-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Yeah I see a fair share a "mint unissued" sword knots for sale. I'm just looking for some that are in good shape and match the condition of the swords. I am going to start a new thread for a lions head saber of mine as well to see what I can learn about it. Thanks for the tips.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast