Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German portepee on Danish sword ?

Article about: This one caught my eye... It's a Danish sword with what looks like a German portepee ? The cord is approx 45cm, without the knot. What do you guys think ? Best HB

?

Default re: German portepee on Danish sword ?

Quote by hbhansen View Post
    Thanks alot Scout, did a search on the "Bovrup kartotek". Looks promising. Now I just have to gain access to it...
    No problem

A spelling error snuck in there. Should of course be: "......nor were all Danish volounteers in the German armed forces OR the DNSAP."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German portepee on Danish sword ?
    P
    Many

Default re: German portepee on Danish sword ?

Quote by Scout View Post
    No problem

A spelling error snuck in there. Should of course be: "......nor were all Danish volounteers in the German armed forces OR the DNSAP."
    Then have a look at my title "protepee"

Default Re: German portepee on Danish sword ?

Changed the title for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by hbhansen View Post
    Then have a look at my title "protepee"
    I noticed that, but only after you pointed it out. The brain is a brilliant thing. I simply skipped over the spelling error and didnt even see it.
    If you hadnt mentioned it, I would never have known.

Ignorance is bliss!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Changed the title for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade

Finally a break through !
    It is actually not the son that is interresting. It is the original owner Niels. He is in the Bovrup file. Member number: 3009 in the DNSAP, from 12.1.1934. In 1944, he and 10 other prominent Danish nazi's was chosen to sit in the leaders council of "Dansk National Samling" (D.N.S). An organisation that tried to assemple all of the danish nazi parties. In the leaders council was also the last commander of the Schalburg korps.

?

In that case, searching the Bovrup file was spot on. At least I didnt send you on a wild goose chase on that one.

The shooting badge on the sabre was a very often seen badge for shooting in Denmark years ago. Whether or not the sabre came with it, I cant say. The shields are also seen on competition rifles - put there by the owners, when they won a shooting prize.

Quote by Scout View Post
    In that case, searching the Bovrup file was spot on. At least I didnt send you on a wild goose chase on that one.

The shooting badge on the sabre was a very often seen badge for shooting in Denmark years ago. Whether or not the sabre came with it, I cant say. The shields are also seen on competition rifles - put there by the owners, when they won a shooting prize.
    It was on your recommendation I started searching for the Bovrup file, thanks alot Scout It made me go in the right direction.

The shield seems like it was applied profesionally....

?

From what I can see, it does looks like the one who stuck it on there, knew what he was doing.

It would how ever have to be a pretty big or important match for an expensive sword to be given as a shooting prize, I would imagine.

The badge is a 'duelighedstegn for skydning'/proficiency badge for shooting. Often seen cloth backed or attached to plaques or competition rifles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2