Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German Sword at Antique Store.

Article about: Hello All, I'm just seeking your honest opinions of something I saw today at a small town antique store here in MI. To shorten the story, I was going for a drive came across the place in a s

Wink German Sword at Antique Store.

Hello All,

I'm just seeking your honest opinions of something I saw today at a small town antique store here in MI. To shorten the story, I was going for a drive came across the place in a small town, went in and found a case full of military goodies. The case included a few things such as a Japanese Suicide Knife (I believe their called Hari Kari Knives), A Japanese Gov. Issue Samurai Sword. A few American Civil War Goodies, Gas Mask Tin's(German World War Two) and tucked away at the back a "Herm Rath Dove Head Army Sword" or at least what appeared through the glass to be one. The price tag was $125.00 and since I'm broke I have two options, Layaway or just forget it. I'll be checking the sword tomorrow and judging it's authenticity using what I know and pictures from L.T's Website. Should I make the investment or forget about it? Thanks for the opinions folks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Sword at Antique Store.
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Sword at Antique Store.

Seems like a bargain, but better to judge with pictures.
    cheers

|<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Did it have it's scabbard? If not, you might want to rethink on it abit. It would have to be pretty fine to buy it without one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

MrMosel when you go back look at the tag you might see a smaller # in the lower corner if the price is 125 you might see a # like 011 or 001 that is how dealers let other dealers know the dealer price 011 is really $110 and 001is $100 or you could always ask is thus the best you can do it never hurts to ask for a better price . Gary

If the condition is good, and the sword is original, I think it would be worth what he is asking. Never hurts to ask for a better price though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm headed by the shop today I'll snap a few pics while I'm there. I'm hoping I judged the scabbard and pommel correctly because there is a small chance it could be WW1 in which case I would have to pass but thanks for the info!

Well Gents, I was wrong the Sword was a World War One. And Might I add far shorter then I thought it was. Anyway. I managed to find a matching k98 though so won some and lost some.

Well, as they say, you can't win them all.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)