Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer NCO Sword Portepee?

Article about: Hello all, Picked this up this weekend in a local jump shop. I have never owned a portepee and don't know the first thing about them, but when I saw it I figured I'd take a chance. From what

?

Default Heer NCO Sword Portepee?

Hello all,

Picked this up this weekend in a local jump shop. I have never owned a portepee and don't know the first thing about them, but when I saw it I figured I'd take a chance. From what I have seen it shows the same characteristics of other Heer NCO Sword portepees I have seen. It measures about 16 and 1/2 inches and has the flat style of hanger, not the rope like hanger. It is worn and is not mint. The stitching on the hanger looks almost like wicker and looks more ornate than the average portepee. Any ideas or opinions are welcome!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer NCO Sword Portepee?   Heer NCO Sword Portepee?  

Heer NCO Sword Portepee?   Heer NCO Sword Portepee?  

Heer NCO Sword Portepee?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer NCO Sword Portepee?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer NCO Sword Portepee?

Hello Doug,
    It is a standard imperial sword portepee. Some have two lines of metal thread stitching, some have three.
    I have one of each.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph! Does the difference in metal thread stitching signify anything or simply a maker difference?

I am not sure but , I don't believe it really signifies anything.
    If I am wrong, someone will correct me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Were these used at all during WWII?

Hello,

what is the color of the eye ?? black-white?

This is a pussian Portepee for the bayonet and saber. Made in WWI with a band out of Garment.

And no.. in the WWII period this Portepee were not used... look to my threat about konts and Portepee.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...marine-311423/

Prussian Portepee official were used until 1924... Old officers and old Senior NCO officers of former prussian formations were allowed to use it longer (together with the old imperial saber).

The portepee since 1924 has a feldgrey band with two lines and a feldgrey eye

Regards

Thanks Sleepwalker for the link as it seems to being used quite frequently...I made it a sticky at the top of the K98 Forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for the info sleepwalker! much appreciated!