Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Sword

Article about: Hi All, I was wondering whether someone could enlighten me on the history of this German Officer's sword and ascertain its authenticity? It's a WKC model (no. 1025) with red glass eyes. Than

?

Default Heer Sword

Hi All,

I was wondering whether someone could enlighten me on the history of this German Officer's sword and ascertain its authenticity? It's a WKC model (no. 1025) with red glass eyes. Is there an online guide to swords?

Thanks,

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Sword   Heer Sword  

Heer Sword  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Sword
    P
    Many

Hi Nick, You have more or less said it all. Other than the wire grip wrap, the sword looks original and in nice condition. I would certainly welcome it into my collection if it came my way. The grip wrap is a bit of a problem but with a bit of care and TLC, it could be improved and made sound. Otherwise, you have a nice and quite scarce sword in pretty good condition. There are a number of reference books covering German swords and other TR edged weaponry and what you want is directly proportionate to the amount you want to spend and how deaply you want to delve. Have a look at Amazon and/or E bay or indeed, any military book dealer and that should give you an idea of what is available and at what sort of price you could expect to pay. If you intend to collect swords per see, then I would suggest the upper end books but if this is a one off perhaps basic identification would suffice??? Hope this is of help to you.
    Cheers Michael Ryan

Michael said it all, I would recommend John Angolias book Swords of Germany.

?

As already stated nice sword, even with grip wire damage I would have it in my collection as I have never seen another one outside of a book.
    Neil