Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Troddel

Article about: Hello all I hope I am in the correct forum I have a troddel I would like some opinions on.It came with a police degen but I think it was made for an Army sword? it is leather and what appear

Default Help with Troddel

Hello all I hope I am in the correct forum I have a troddel I would like some opinions on.It came with a police degen but I think it was made for an Army sword?
    it is leather and what appears to be nylon Perhaps at one time the acorn was white but I think it has toned with age.All comments are welcome.Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Troddel   Help with Troddel  

Help with Troddel   Help with Troddel  

Help with Troddel  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Troddel
    P
    Many

Hi Geoff ...hang tight..some of our experienced Swordsmen will be along shortly. I will keep your thread at the top of the page until you get the answers you need. . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

To me its a standard Officers schword portepee that has changed colour from silver to a yellow patina

If you want to know which colour were used by which troop then you can see it here:
    Waffenfarben (Arm Colors)

Ger

Thank you Ger for your help and the link it will come in handy Regards,Geoff

?

Hi Geoff,

i have discussed it with Wilhelm Saris by pm and he thinks it might well be a Troop colour instead of a patina.
    I have used your photo's and posted them on a German forum, i will inform you about the results.

Regards
    Ger

Thank you for your efforts Ger I appreciate your continued research.I was at a "Dead End" so to speak!

?

This is the answer from the German Forum Expert on bayonets:

**Das ist ein normales Portepee des Heeres, große Forrm für den Säbel.
    Der Quast ist aus "Cellophan" ( Cellulosehydrat) ..als Ersatz für Alu... das wurde über die Jahre gelb.**

translated:
    This is a normal army Portepee, large version for a sabre.
    The pommel is made of "Cellophan" a replacement for aluminium, this turns yellow over the years.

Regards
    Ger

Thank you so much for your kind help.You have answered a question I have had for some time!

Best Regards,
    Geoff