Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Imperial German Cavalry Officers sword info

Article about: I notice that the hilts of these swords are either gilt on steel or brass would which would have been the more expensive to buy at the time ?.

?

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Mike, Weimar era is something that I have collected, but it's not really one of my specialties. That said, I don't see why businesses would not have followed earlier practices because we know that the TR era saw 'no maker' blades. What the later part of the Weimar era did see was the adoption by the German Army of a universal pattern Officer's saber that was carried over into the TR era. Best Regards, Fred
    Ok thanks Fred your information will be of use I decide to buy a Imperial Cavalry Officers sword to go with my 1898 Degan.

Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Cavalry Officers sword info
    P
    Many

Quote by Katana View Post
    Ok thanks Fred your information will be of use I decide to buy a Imperial Cavalry Officers sword to go with my 1898 Degan.

Mike
    Mike, Depending on what you are going to look for, the choice of swords I think could get a little more complicated. One example of that being that some Imperial era Cavalry Regiments had specific types of on and off duty swords. This M1817 example of a Prussian Kürassierpallasch and the Officer's dress version illustrating the problem. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Cavalry Officers sword info  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2