Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber

Article about: Here is a piece that is in my collection. I purchased it because the price was reasonable, and it needed someone to love it and care for it. It has a triple etch on the blade. When I purchas

Default Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber

Here is a piece that is in my collection. I purchased it because the price was reasonable, and it needed someone to love it and care for it.
    It has a triple etch on the blade.
    When I purchased it, there was rust on the blade, some of the wire wrap was missing, and the blade runners needed work as the blade did not insert into the scabbard properly. I will post the photos in a before and after sequence so that hopefully the differences can be seen.
    Imperial Lion's Head Artillary SaberImperial Lion's Head Artillary SaberImperial Lion's Head Artillary SaberImperial Lion's Head Artillary SaberImperial Lion's Head Artillary SaberImperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber
    Imperial Lion's Head Artillary SaberImperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber   Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber  

Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber   Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber
    P
    Many

Default Re: Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber

I realise that I had to sacrifice some of the grey finish in the etch, but I could not stand to see this fine piece be left to deteriorate.
    I also applied India ink to the ray skin covering on the handle.
    More photos.
    Imperial Lion's Head Artillary SaberImperial Lion's Head Artillary SaberImperial Lion's Head Artillary SaberImperial Lion's Head Artillary SaberImperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber
    I hope you like it,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I forgot to mention, this piece is made by WKC.
    I have also aquired this miniature to go with it.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber   Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber  

Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber   Imperial Lion's Head Artillary Saber  

Congrats Ralph,, this is what makes this forum so enjoyable,,, your efforts to restore its original luster paid off. There are those who like the "untouched look" and those who want to preserve it original luster. Its all about the History!! Great job!! Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry!
    I know it goes against the grain for some, but I like them to look like they did when they were worn. I would not polish, but this was done with q-tips and a lot of hours.
    Ralph.

Personal preference,,I myself like them untouched depending upon the dagger or in a condition as you say "worn" but not brand new off the shelf! Just enough TLC to make it presentable!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ralph, you've done a great job on the sword without going overboard.
    Well done, and a fine piece.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Ralph, you've done a great job on the sword without going overboard.
    Well done, and a fine piece.........!
    Thanks Steve!
    Glad you like it.
    Ralph.

Brilliant job Ralph also love the minature got me jealous well done matey 5 star job,
    cheers Ronnie

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Brilliant job Ralph also love the minature got me jealous well done matey 5 star job,
    cheers Ronnie
    Thanks Ronnie!
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast