Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Imperial lionshead Artillery sword question

Article about: My friend has a Imperial lions head Artillery sword but the ruby eyes I think what is called claw set into the head like a ring not stuck in as normally seen is this unusual ?.

?

Default Imperial lionshead Artillery sword question

My friend has a Imperial lions head Artillery sword but the ruby eyes I think what is called claw set into the head like a ring not stuck in as normally seen is this unusual ?.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial lionshead Artillery sword question
    P
    Many

Hi Katana..welcome to the forum...a pic of your friends sword would be helpful..which the swordsmen here can give you a greater answer than without a photo.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial lionshead Artillery sword question 

Here is a photo of my Imperial Lion's Head Artillery sword to compare.
    Ralph.

Imperial lionshead Artillery sword question
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I forgot to mention the other unusual feature it's marked Weyersberg & Co on the spine of blade not paul Weyersberg & Co or wkc near the hilt ?.

It could be a by maker variable, but a quick check of some of mine Imperial and TR and they don't have prongs, instead being solid cup like surrounding the eyes. Best Regards, Fred

Quote by Katana View Post
    I forgot to mention the other unusual feature it's marked Weyersberg & Co on the spine of blade not paul Weyersberg & Co or wkc near the hilt ?.
    I would say that both Producers Paul Weyersburg and Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie ( WKC ) are great possibilties with a larger inventory to make swords..especially WKC having the ability to offer repair services and also take in other producers wares..refurbish them and stamp the WKC name on it. In this case..hard to prove..but a possibility exists that this sword was not original from WKC forge. Its 50/50.

@ Fred..sharp eyes thread on the eye prongs

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

You have to provide way better pics to get a good answer.
    I would like to see a macro of it facing the lense with both eyes.

Ger

?

head showing both eyes.
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial lionshead Artillery sword question 

?

Pics of hilt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial lionshead Artillery sword question   Imperial lionshead Artillery sword question  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast