Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting Lionhead Sword

Article about: Here is an interesting lionhead saber. Has anyone seen a scabbard like this with the silver fittings? Does the sword seem original and the scabbard maybe isn't correct? Thanks for any info!

Default Interesting Lionhead Sword

Here is an interesting lionhead saber. Has anyone seen a scabbard like this with the silver fittings? Does the sword seem original and the scabbard maybe isn't correct? Thanks for any info!
    Interesting Lionhead SwordInteresting Lionhead SwordInteresting Lionhead SwordInteresting Lionhead SwordInteresting Lionhead SwordInteresting Lionhead SwordInteresting Lionhead Sword

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Lionhead Sword
    P
    Many

?

There is a similar looking sword on the navy swords link below , have no idea if that one is a copy but it is listed as a kriegsmarine saber and perhaps the sword above was trying to copy one of those perhaps?.

Navy swords
    Last edited by jimm; 04-16-2014 at 10:17 PM.

Hi Naptime, Whilst it is not for me to say that the sword is "right" or "wrong", what I would say is that it LOOKS like a sword that I would buy. Without handling it, it is hard to make a difinitive assesment. I am not too keen on either the grip wire or the scabbard mounts but if I liked the sword then, depending on the price, those points would not bother me too much. So if you have your doubts, let me know and we could possibly do a deal??
    Cheers MR

A fair assessment IMO from Michael, the sword appears to be an early brass hilted one. But the silver colored scabbard drag and carrying ring assembly presents a question or two. Because they seem to be zinc(?), which is unusual and something that was normally used with the later period hilts etc. Being more obvious in the images with the carrying ring assembly, and not as much with the drag. Are they magnetic? Best Regards, Fred

Thanks for the info everyone. I have not purchased this sword yet, but I would like to make an offer on it as the sword itself looks good to me. However, I'm very confused by the scabbard. I've seen a number of fake swords but none with the detail and accuracy that this appears to have.

For me, it seems to be a WKC sword #1059 but there is a problem with the grip wire (broken?) and a problem with the scabbard mounts (scabbard repainted or changed?)

Hi Mister, Yes, it does have a WKC look about it and agree with your other comments re the scabbard etc.

Hi Naptime, I you do not mind me askg, what is the asking price please?

Hi Michael. He is asking a bottom dollar price of $325 USD plus shipping. It's about $100 more than I'm willing to spend. I can message you his contact info if you'd like.

Im not comfortable with some of the details, but better pictures would point that out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast