Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kinder saber with double etched blade

Article about: by Wagriff The recipient's name engraved is Paul Van . When you deal with silver and gold hallmarks, this style of lettering is used, so you get familiar with it.. Cheers Wargriff now i can

Default Kinder saber with double etched blade

Hi gang i have just purchased this kinder saber which is etched with an inscription which i think reads "from father of the war at Christmas" and i think the boys name on the reverse side (which i cant really work out ), it has templar knights and tents also etched on the blade, also near the tip you can make out the maiden hair damascus i am tying to work out who the maker is but know as of yet, any information would be welcome and hope you like it as much as i do, please excuse the pics as they really dont do it any justice whatsoever
    thanks for looking , Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kinder saber with double etched blade   Kinder saber with double etched blade  

Kinder saber with double etched blade   Kinder saber with double etched blade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kinder saber with double etched blade
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kinder saber with double etched blade

"From your father, War Christmas 1914"...Very attractive item, well done!
    cheers, Glenn

?

A good looking saber. Beautiful item.

Thanks Glenn i was close to it then

Thanks again Trondk i will try get better pics later now it's finally stopped raining

A lovely saber Ronnie!
    Congrats on a pretty rare one of a kind piece,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That's easily the nicest Kindersabel i've seen Ronnie old lad! The pointy end looks pretty dangerous still, most are far more rounded off than that! Is it around 20-22" long? I wonder if you could research the surname and find out who the boys dad was? Looking at it you'd think they were a pretty wealthy family, as this little sword would have been quite expensive compared to most others of it's type. Marvellous.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned like you say this must have cost a pretty penny when made, i cant quite figure the second name I think it looks like Paul Nau?? still open to suggestions the length is 25 inches long you can also see the remains of some gold guilding to the blade just behind the chappe, the scabbard is also dent free, i will keeptrying to see if i can find out any history on the name, could anyone also reccomend a site where i may get some info on the name please?
    thanks again Ned for the nice comments and all who have commented
    cheers ronnie

The name could be 'Vau'. If it is, it's a rare one that seems to appear from around the old Prussian states of Mecklenberg and Pomerania.

Then again, it may not be.....

Where's old HPL when you need him eh?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    The name could be 'Vau'. If it is, it's a rare one that seems to appear from around the old Prussian states of Mecklenberg and Pomerania.

Then again, it may not be.....

Where's old HPL when you need him eh?

Who's HPL mate ??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast