Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kinder saber with double etched blade

Article about: by Wagriff The recipient's name engraved is Paul Van . When you deal with silver and gold hallmarks, this style of lettering is used, so you get familiar with it.. Cheers Wargriff now i can

Default Re: Kinder saber with double etched blade

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The recipient's name engraved is "Paul Van". When you deal with silver and gold hallmarks, this style of lettering is used, so you get familiar with it..
    Cheers Wargriff now i can do a little more research on the name
    thanks again , Ronnie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kinder saber with double etched blade
    P
    Many

?

Well Ronnie that's a great little sabel!
    Just love it

The blade is special:
    These long, slender blades are often called “quillback” or "pipeback" blades, due to the round spine that runs through the blade like the quill of a feather.
    You can find these kind of blades on the long M1898 Aa ( alter art = old style)
    In german its called a " Schor klinge"

i have found a few of those long bajonets with " Schor klinge " in the trenches of Verdun.

Thx for showing!

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Ronnie,

Very nice double etched kinder saber mate

Great addition to your collection

Cheers Mac 66.

Thanks guys and thanks for the info Ger i didnt know they are called "quillback blades
    glad you like it cheers Ronnie

I know this may be a tall order to ask for......a period in wear photo would be interesting to see...but Im sure these photos would be more difficult to find than what is normally seen with the common lot of daggers here on this forum. Just a thought. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just graabbed these off the net Larry, but like you say scarce to say the least!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kinder saber with double etched blade   Kinder saber with double etched blade  

Nice Ronnie,, the photo on the left represents it the best. Even the sword knot is small. I would hate to think as rare as these Kinder sabers that this youth along with their future counterparts,....the HJ if maybe he chose to have play sword fight with his peers and knick the blade. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Oh i dread to think the trouble they may have been in if they dared play pretend sword fights with something like this you could imagine it couldnt you, i will keep an eye out for a knot for it now pretty sure this wont be easy
    thanks again Ronnie

?

had this sword in hand and its a beauty , rgds Dave

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    had this sword in hand and its a beauty , rgds Dave
    I don't doubt that for one minute!
    My fascination with miniature edged weapons makes this pretty special in my eyes.
    Good on ya Ronnie, it is a beaut!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast