Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Lion head sword, real or fake?

Article about: Hello, I just spotted this sword in a local antique store a few days ago and wanted some other opinions on it. It looks like it has age to me, but something in my gut doesn't feel right abou

Default Lion head sword, real or fake?

Hello, I just spotted this sword in a local antique store a few days ago and wanted some other opinions on it. It looks like it has age to me, but something in my gut doesn't feel right about this one. Anybody know a little about these? I can't read the maker mark, it's hidden under the hilt and there are only words, no symbol there that I see. If it is real, what would be a fair price in this condition? I know a real one just sold tonight on Gunbroker for $560, but it was in much, much better condition than this one.

Lion head sword, real or fake?Lion head sword, real or fake?Lion head sword, real or fake?Lion head sword, real or fake?Lion head sword, real or fake?Lion head sword, real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lion head sword, real or fake?
    P
    Many

It is not a lion head but rather a Panther head and I would say it looks original but I am no sword guy.
    I see it for sale for 395.00$ on a site.
    Take some pics of your own that may help id it better rather than the web site pics.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

I would save my$$$ for a better example. It looks like the nickle finish is peeling off the blade and the scabbard looks like it is very corroded.
    Just my 2 centavos

Semper Fi
    Phil

Looks like an original panther head sword to me, as long as the words dont say made in germany, but the condition is horrible, 150 bucks at the most and I would still pass on it.

Do you live in South Carolina? as this is where it resides.
    I do like his Hand Carved Wooden African Woman Statue.
    Eric

I do live in South Carolina pretty close to the store that has it. How do you know it's in SC? And I haven't noticed any statues haha, I ignore everything when I see a blade.

Also, I really don't mind condition being a little rough as long as the price is fair and it's definitely original. My only two concerns.

The eye of ra sees all.

Eric

Definitely looks authentic, but the Condition is Atrocious. Rusted pitted blade, sheath covered in rust, no finish left to the hilt.... It's just too far gone-it's basically a Relic condition now. It's a curio at this point.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

http://www.triplearesale.com/....is the home of it.
    843-347-3350. line vendor portion of the site. Good luck on it IMO 75.00 off would be a fair deal in this shape.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 05-30-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    http://www.triplearesale.com/....is the home of it.
    843-347-3350. line vendor portion of the site. Good luck on it IMO 75.00 off would be a fair deal in this shape.

Eric
    That's the one! And thanks, I was hoping to get it under 300, I'd really hate to spend that much with the blade so rough. But I'll see what I can do.