Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe sword - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, here is my other attempt to purchase luftwaffe sword. There is from the seller guaranteed originality but I would like to avoid process of possible returning. Any opinion regarding

?

Default Luftwaffe sword - ask for help

Hi guys,
    here is my other attempt to purchase luftwaffe sword. There is from the seller guaranteed originality but I would like to avoid process of possible returning. Any opinion regarding originality is more than welcome.
    Thank you, Mike

Luftwaffe sword - ask for helpLuftwaffe sword - ask for helpLuftwaffe sword - ask for helpLuftwaffe sword - ask for helpLuftwaffe sword - ask for helpLuftwaffe sword - ask for helpLuftwaffe sword - ask for helpLuftwaffe sword - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe sword - ask for help
    P
    Many

The sword and scabbard both look original to me. Unclear is if the scabbard belongs to the sword, it's a Alu sword, the fittings look like the older nickel ones, but maybe it's just the picture.

both parts are original but not to each other imo,but I would buy it.

?

Hi,
    good observation on material used. I will try to get better pictures.
    Mike

From what I seem to be seeing in the pictures which is corrosion on the blade. I suspect that the sword may have been wall mounted at one time, and is a May-December marriage of the two at a later date. Best Regards, Fred

Hi Mike, If I were in your position, I would ask the seller if this sword was one of a pair and if it was, where is the second one. As Fred says, the sword was possibly wall mounted and as part of a pair, then when taken down, the scabbards transposed. You never know, the seller may be able to point you in the direction of the second sword if there is one. And, if there is I'll bet you a pint that it is a nickel sword in an aluminum scabbard. If the above is wrong then I would still buy this sword providing that the price reflects the situation. Both the sword and scabbard appear to be in good condition.

Cheers Michael R