Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some info on Pre TR sword

Article about: Hi everyone This has always been a subject that i never did my homework on. Can someone provide info on type of sword this is, who would have used it and if everything look correct. Thank yo

Default Need some info on Pre TR sword

Hi everyone

This has always been a subject that i never did my homework on.

Can someone provide info on type of sword this is, who would have used it and if everything look correct.

Thank you

Regards
    António
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some info on Pre TR sword   Need some info on Pre TR sword  

Need some info on Pre TR sword   Need some info on Pre TR sword  

Need some info on Pre TR sword  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some info on Pre TR sword
    P
    Many

Hello

looks like a beautiful Weimar Era parade sword .. Congrats ! Nice pick !

Funny that HORSTER making on the edge of the blade ... never saw that before

K.

Quote by KurtMenliff View Post
    Hello

looks like a beautiful Weimar Era parade sword .. Congrats ! Nice pick !

Funny that HORSTER making on the edge of the blade ... never saw that before

K.
    Thanks but these are still the seller`s pict. Deals still hasnt happen.
    I dont have much knowlege about swords, is this an officer issue ?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Thanks but these are still the seller`s pict. Deals still hasnt happen.
    I dont have much knowlege about swords, is this an officer issue ?
    Originally based on swords from the Imperial era the pattern is that of a Cavalry Officer. With some TR period catalogs still having listings for comparable swords to this example. Best Regards, Fred

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Originally based on swords from the Imperial era the pattern is that of a Cavalry Officer. With some TR period catalogs still having listings for comparable swords to this example. Best Regards, Fred
    Thank you for the wonderful information.
    Regards
    António

In your opinion these still remain in use on TR era ?

Regards
    António

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    In your opinion these still remain in use on TR era ?

Regards
    António
    António, It's an early brass hilted sword that (from memory) is listed in catalogs at least as late as 1938. With a number of officers and officials that could have worn this pattern saber WW I veterans that never joined the NSDAP and/or might have been honoring their prior service. And the official German Army TR era government purchase saber for officers an ex-Weimar design that remained in service having a brass plain "P" guard hilt. In other words there was no requirement that I know of that their swords had to have a TR motif hilt, instead being more of a matter of personal preference especially in the earlier years. Best Regards, Fred

António, It's an early brass hilted sword that (from memory) is listed in catalogs at least as late as 1938. With a number of officers and officials that could have worn this pattern saber WW I veterans that never joined the NSDAP and/or might have been honoring their prior service. And the official German Army TR era government purchase saber for officers an ex-Weimar design that remained in service having a brass plain "P" guard hilt. In other words there was no requirement that I know of that their swords had to have a TR motif hilt, instead being more of a matter of personal preference especially in the earlier years. Best Regards, Fred
    Thank yoy so much for the help.
    Went forward with the deal. Bought the sword.

Regards
    António

?

Its a lovely one Antonio, i still have a Weyersberg etched sword ( although it will will and up at Jamies ) that has a spine etched name on it to and a lancet without any swastika, a bit similar to yours.
    The small blade indicates a TR sword, and as Fred has pointed out they were worn during the period of the TR.

Congratz on this beauty!

Ger

It has arrived yesterday. Its beautiful, thank you all for the help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some info on Pre TR sword   Need some info on Pre TR sword  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast