Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help me ID this sword!

Article about: I am hoping some of the experts in this forum can help me identify this sword (See attached photos). An older gentleman is offering to sell me this sword for \\$350. At first glance, it looks

Default Please help me ID this sword!

I am hoping some of the experts in this forum can help me identify this sword (See attached photos). An older gentleman is offering to sell me this sword for $350. At first glance, it looks like a typical Army sword, but as you can see in the photos there are some interesting differences. Any idea what this sword is? Is this a bad reproduction?

Please help me ID this sword!Please help me ID this sword!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help me ID this sword!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please help me ID this sword!

These photos seem to hide more than they show...are better photos available?
    cheers, Glenn

Hey Glenn,

Unfortunately, those are the only two photos he has provided - though I can ask him for more detailed ones. Which areas should I ask him to focus on?

Close-ups of any Maker's Mark, clearer photos of the grip and that eagle/swastika (not impressed, the pics are so dark)...I hope others will offer their opinions.

The soft detailing and the very crude and unusual swastika does not "instill a whole lot of confidence".....Indian or Chinese manufacture?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It looks like a modern Chinese poor quality copy to me. Which is what I believe some better pictures will show. Fred

Hi Mark! Welcome to the forum....yes please by all means..when you get the opportunity..more photos would be useful. Some of our seasoned collecotrs can detect a fake just by a few photos and under poorly lit conditions..but for total reference purposes..as Big MacGlenn specifically popinted out areas of interest. Enjoy your stay here..take alook around..there is alot to see...Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I would have to agree, very poor detailing,the lions head looks more like a Chinese dragons,and generally the craftsmanship is lacking ,the swastika is very suspect

Looks nothing like my lion head sword, and mine is original

Bad reproduction indeed!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast