Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Prinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl Eickhorn

Article about: Hey Fellow Collectors, It has been awhile since I have posted much new. My first quarter just came to close and I will be posting a few additions this week. This first is one sword of the Th

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Hi Kirk,

nice to see a new addition to your collection!
    This one is in great condition, i remember we discucced your hunt for an Eugen a while ago.
    What is typical for this sword is the red leather bufferpad, Always a nice feature to see.....yours is in lovely shape with the gilding highly present.
    Its one of the best patterns of the third reich, and i had the pleasure to have owned one
    Beautiful Prinz Eugen Pattern Sword with Knot

Cheers
    Ger
    Thanks Ger...I sincerely appreciate your comments. I did see your thread as well and congrats on yours as well. They are a great design. Too bad out of pot metal but they are very cool. The Prison's Official Sword by Eickhorn is one I will someday find before my wallet is empty and my eyelids close. Be well! Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Beautiful sword 👍

A really nice condition example of this sword he was not only honored during the TR period as Rossi stated, and one of Eickhorn’s Field Marshal series of swords which is this thread's topic. Prinz Eugen von Savoyen aka François-Eugène de Savoie, Principe Eugenio di Savoia-Carignano, had a long prestigious career in the service of the (Hapsburg) Archduchy of Austria and the Holy Roman Empire. Something that was not lost on those around him when he was living - because some cavalry swords of the period have his name and likeness on them proclaiming in Latin: “Long Live Prince Eugene”. Best Regards, Fred

?

Very nice sword....and sign for that matter. I have been looking to pick a Prinz Eugen pattern for a while my self.
    Thanks for sharing.

Hummel

Congrats rossi ! This Prinz Eugen is in excellent condition !!!

It has been said a thousand times but this is probably the most spectacular sword of the TR imho ...

K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2