Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Prison officer sword

Article about: Hello to all, I would like your opinion on the following bird, if you please, a C&J prison officer sword : Here are the photos : Sorry, no further photos so far ! Many thanks in advance!

?

Kurt i wouldnt mind adding a sword like this into my collection.
    The gents here on Warrelics know i always go for the highest quality possible, and i do love mint pieces, but in some cases i love to see a used one in a condition like yours.

Congratz on a fine sword, i know they are very impressive in hand

Ger

Now the hard part comes, find a used Portepee in similar condition as the hilt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prison officer sword
    P
    Many

I would have preferred the previous owner had left the original patina as is, the contrast of shiny gold and worn surfaces and edges are a detracting feature IMO. However these are a beautifully designed sword.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I would have preferred the previous owner had left the original patina as is, the contrast of shiny gold and worn surfaces and edges are a detracting feature IMO. However these are a beautifully designed sword.
    Unless you knew the previous owner it might as well been maintained- rubbed- polished buy the original receiver-owner.
    For example the gilding on the SMF Sonnenräder discs of the Luftwaffe swords comes of very easy.
    The layer could be very thin and wearing and aging could also do the trick.

Ger

Thank you Gerrit

Yep, finding the portepee will be tricky !

I found a fabric second version of it but it is still wrapped and unused , so no point here ....

I would have prefered a sword with more gliding but these are bl**dy hard to find so i can't be too picky !! Still, it aged quite well and the photos does not do credit to its lovely faint gold color !!! That was a really pleasant surprise when i saw it for real and as you said, they are very impressive in hand !!!

Next step : The elder silver brother from Eickhorn

Regards

K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2