Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

A proud grandmother's gift.

Article about: This M1889/19 presentation Infantry Degen by Eickhorn was presented by a proud grandmother to a grandson, to commemorate his being commissioned into the Heer on 20. 4. 1935. The obverse blad

Default A proud grandmother's gift.

This M1889/19 presentation Infantry Degen by Eickhorn was presented by a proud grandmother to a grandson, to commemorate his being commissioned into the Heer on 20. 4. 1935. The obverse blade etch displays a traditional sword blessing, while the reverse blade has a personal dedication from grandmother to grandson.
    The M1889/19 model infantry degen continued to be available in the early Third Reich period, it was certainly offered by Eickhorn and by WKC. Probably it had a sales appeal to conservative buyers', as I imagine this proud grandma was.
    The condition of this sword remains near to mint, so I am assuming that this young officer might have put his grandma's gift aside and for service opted to wear a sabre bearing TR iconography.

A proud grandmother's gift.A proud grandmother's gift.A proud grandmother's gift.A proud grandmother's gift.A proud grandmother's gift.A proud grandmother's gift.A proud grandmother's gift.A proud grandmother's gift.A proud grandmother's gift.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A proud grandmother's gift.
    P
    Many

A beautiful sword that has a story to tell - which it's still telling 80 years later. Thank you for sharing. Best Regards, Fred

?

Well i bet this mint beauty is stashed next to the mint tagged Eickhorn Prinz Eugen
    What a true gem you got!
    Thx for showing

Ger

That's a nice Eickhorn with beautiful etch,congrats
    The condition is truly unbeatable

Gorgeous in so many ways!