Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Put this sword on hold.

Article about: A quick backstory; My daughter has always worked really hard at her studies. This has been true since the first grade it seems. When she reached high school, I built her a shotgun (I work fo

MAP
    ?

My mom and dad were on a game show back in the early 1950s (Beat the Clock). First prize was a TV. Second prize was just a full set of sterling silver. They came in 2nd place. I'm sure the winners of the TV consigned it to a trash dump a long time ago. But my Mom still has her sterling!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Put this sword on hold.
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    My mom and dad were on a game show back in the early 1950s (Beat the Clock). First prize was a TV. Second prize was just a full set of sterling silver. They came in 2nd place. I'm sure the winners of the TV consigned it to a trash dump a long time ago. But my Mom still has her sterling!
    Ha ha! That's awesome! I guarantee the television is long since gone! Your mom still has it, and one day you may have it and you will know exactly the story behind it! Good stuff!

Just an FYI, I changed the oil in my car tonight and only laid on the ground a matter of minutes. I just pulled a tick off. Be careful in Windham this summer. Ticks are bad already.

Hey Carp ...any direction on getting the grip repaired?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,

I think Wittman. I really don't want to try it myself and risk disastrous results. I am nervous enough sending it out.

MAP
    ?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Ha ha! That's awesome! I guarantee the television is long since gone! Your mom still has it, and one day you may have it and you will know exactly the story behind it! Good stuff!

Just an FYI, I changed the oil in my car tonight and only laid on the ground a matter of minutes. I just pulled a tick off. Be careful in Windham this summer. Ticks are bad already.
    Uggg. And I thought last year was bad...there were 20 of us in the upper meadow playing paintball after my nieces wedding. All 20 of us got at least one tick. Many got 5 or more
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Uggg. And I thought last year was bad...there were 20 of us in the upper meadow playing paintball after my nieces wedding. All 20 of us got at least one tick. Many got 5 or more
    Nasty creatures.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hey Carp ...any direction on getting the grip repaired?

Regards Larry
    I sent it out UPS today bound for the shop of Mr. Wittmann. The woman who answered the phone said he is at a show, but will return Wednesday. And damn if I didn't forget to include the note I had written so he knew what the package was and why I sent it to him! Idiotic mistake!

After much nervous waiting, my daughter's cavalry saber has returned from the restoration work at Wittman Antique Militaria. The old addage "As nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs." is adequate to describe my feelings opening the package. I was greeted to the sight of a Thomas T. Wittman sword storage bag, something I certainly had not expected nor even inquired about! Resting inside was the repaired saber. I have to say, I am happy with the results. It isn't perfect, but then again, what is ever perfect? It isn't broken any longer and only if you knew what to look for can you really tell that it was. Well done. It will be in good shape for my daughter long after I am gone, and the grip will not be flaking away progressively. Thanks for the input of fellow members here that helped me make this choice.
    And, to cement the fact that she is worthy of this effort, my daughter got her final grades and she managed a 3.97 cumulative GPA for the year. Now to get her new trade badge and the gift will be complete. I will add a picture shortly.

?

Well done!!Congratz to your daughter
    Looking forward to the pictures of the repaired grip!

Ger

The repaired piece.
    Put this sword on hold.
    Put this sword on hold.
    Put this sword on hold.
    Put this sword on hold.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4