Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!

Article about: Amazing restoration work, i take my hat of to Peter May i ask how much it cost to restore your saber ? Regards Mac 66.

Kudos to ‘Peter Collector’. While I tend to leave things as I found them myself, this thread I think has at least three things going for it, and (IMO) could even be a candidate for being “pinned”. First, there is no question in my mind that Peter has the “hands on” skill set needed to do an admirable job of the restoration of what was really just a relic condition saber. Second, he does it in a clearly illustrated step by step manner. Third, while we can''t go back in time - with a little imagination I think that for some it will give them a feel for what it was like in the factories when they were manufactured. Not a complete picture because the heavier industry aspects are not present (ie: forging, casting, milling, etc. etc.). But good enough that we can see some of the skills that the original makers needed. Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!
    P
    Many

Having done metal work(welding and fabricating) on lugers, firearms and many other items. I can appreciate the work that has been done. When a collectible item is so bad or cant properly function,IMO, I see no reason not to restore it back to its original grandeur. as long as its always represented for what it is, is what matters.

I would have done the same thing myself, and i would say it was well worth doing.

look what you had, and now look at it. hats off to the gent that did the work!!

Congrats on your cool looking saber !

Mike

Hi, again thanks for each kind comment, I already contact restorer Peter and he appreciated your interests. In future I want to contact him again with some less damaged bayonets which I have... so certainly we will cooperate in future again and I will post photos too

Regards Peter

Quite elegant, fine work.

How was the blade plated? With nickle? Is this what original makers did to the blades?
    Beautiful craftsmanship.!

Hi, blade was polished first and then nickel-plated. And yes, this sabers were originally nickel-plated. Thanks a lot for you comment!

Regards Peter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3