Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS Ehrendegen PMD Dachau

Article about: Beautiful SS Dachau production SS officers degen from my collection gents. Clearly marked PMD on the blade (Paul Muller Dachau) this would have been made at the Dachau forge in early 1940. T

I am basing my identification of the location of the sword smithy, (despite the original spelling mistake), on the official SS ground plan that shows the site at the position of the foundations I showed in post 19 and the green dot in Matty's post 18. The arrow tip pointing at the southernmost Waffetechnische building (No. 54 on the plan) is incorrect in my opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Ehrendegen PMD Dachau  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ehrendegen PMD Dachau
    P
    Many

?

Yes, it appears so. The museum staff have identified another modern structure as being the original building...but it is not in the correct position.

Really well done guys, and thankyou!

?

Posted for member: d'alguen:
    In doing some recent research regarding the Dachau SS complex, I have identified this building as the sword smithy situated within the grounds of the Uebungslager Dachau. In a previous post there was some interest in the location and form of the building, so for those who were intrigued, here it is.
    At the time of the photo (taken in 1937) this structure housed the SS-Camouflage department, which was moved to a nearby building when the smithy was established.
    SS Ehrendegen PMD Dachau

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4