MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS NCO Sword added to my Collection

Article about: -- I recently purchased this SS NCO sword locally to add to my growing collection. The condition appears to be quite good. I'm quite excited to have acquired this as I understand they're rat

?

Stunning. Scabbard is minty and the rest well is just awesome as well. Congrats on your addition. Love that maker and their logo design. Cheers!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS NCO Sword added to my Collection
    P
    Many

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    Every SS-VT/SS-TV/Waffen-SS officer commissioned before 1941 got a sword. Selected Allgemeine-SS officers likewise. So Officer swords are rare, but not THAT rare.

Only very senior Waffen-SS NCOs (Sgt. Majors, basically) qualified for a sword .................. and there were far less of them than there were officers.

Hence the rarity of the NCO sword.

Put it this way .................. I have an SS officer sword, a Police officer sword (with SS pommel runes), and a Police NCO sword.

The only one of the 'set of 4' I don't have is yours !!
    -- Exactly the information I was looking for Robin. Thank you for explaining it to me. I learned something new today. When I was first looking at it I was kind of let down it wasn't an officers version with the SS runes on the handle but purchased it nonetheless. It grew on me and the fact that it's back story is what you point out makes me feel very lucky to have come across it. I'm 100% confident in its authenticity and having been untouched. I purchased it from a now deceased elderly collector whos collection was breathtaking, not only in scope, but condition too.

We do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites here.
    This thread will explain how to upload your photos using the forums uploading software.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good point Ralph. If the photos disappear in the future, it becomes a wasted thread rather than a useful archive source.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    We do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites here.
    This thread will explain how to upload your photos using the forums uploading software.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    -- Duly noted my friend. My pics from here on will be formatted correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2