Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sword with a chance to buy it!!!

Article about: I have a chance to purchace this sword price is 500, but i think it could be a little wiggle room to move down. who if anyone can give me some advice on this one have never bought a sword be

?

Exclamation Sword with a chance to buy it!!!

I have a chance to purchace this sword price is 500, but i think it could be a little wiggle room to move down. who if anyone can give me some advice on this one have never bought a sword befor. thanks for any help with this. john.

ps. only have one picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sword with a chance to buy it!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sword with a chance to buy it!!!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Sword with a chance to buy it!!!

Quote by john31 View Post
    I have a chance to purchace this sword price is 500, but i think it could be a little wiggle room to move down. who if anyone can give me some advice on this one have never bought a sword befor. thanks for any help with this. john.

ps. only have one picture.
    I think you need to give the experts some close up pics (I am not one of them though)

Good luck with the sword.

First WW , german, it seems,! Any chance of better pics?

?

for right now i dont have any other pics, just this one, this is what i know so far about this sword. WW1Dated By Ring on Scabbard
    A/R on Guard Signifies "Augustus Rex" or King of Saxony
    "Z" Maker's Mark Signifies "Clemens and Jung" from Highly Desired Solingen, Germany---"Eisenhauer Guarentirt" Signifies Quality
    Appraised by Richard Bezdek "The Swordman" (Author of 6 Sword Books)
    Excellent Condition $500.00 you can blow up the picture it was taken with a good camera so blowing it up it wont get fuzzy. if i get any more i will be sure to post asap. thanks john

Quote by john31 View Post
    ... you can blow up the picture it was taken with a good camera so blowing it up it wont get fuzzy.
    I did , and seem to see the coat of arms of Saxony on the guard.
    As I can see so far it looks OK and the price sounds good.

pjm
    ?

It's a Saxon Infantry Officer's m1867 Sword and the price is correct and on the mid- to lower side of average for this model. The high range is over $600.

These are relatively scarce but not as appreciated as other German states - perhaps because they have a French inspired pattern. All I've seen are marked Eisenhauer garantiert so it may have been a quality demand by the state. Often, in addition to the maker mark, there will also be the military outfitter's mark on the opposite side of the ricasso.

?

i think 300 would be the right price, the desire is not there for WW I

?

Hi John , nice clamshell hilt , good maker ,scabbard looks good too , i like it
    Price : how much do you want to own it ?

cheers Alan

pjm
    ?

If you can get it for closer to $400 or even less, that's a very decent price.

I bought two with a large collection of swords around three years ago and paid in the $300+/- range. One was like yours, post 1900 with the folding guard and the other was earlier with a nice engraved crown and coat of arms beneath the pommel. I quickly sold them to German buyers at the next SOS for around $600+ each.

As stated, it's a scarce sword and it appears to be in nice condition with only some paint loss to the scabbard.

?

well the man selling it droped his paints as soon as i asked him if there was any wiggle room at all with his 500 price, for me to own this i would like to be between the 250 to 300 dolar range, will see if he bites he seem like he is quick to sell this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast