MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Sword price

Article about: Hello everyone first of all i would like to apology for my english but im from the Czech Republic. I found a sword but i have no idea what is it. Could you please tell me something more abou

?

Default Sword price

Hello everyone first of all i would like to apology for my english but im from the Czech Republic. I found a sword but i have no idea what is it. Could you please tell me something more about this sword and price what could i sell it for? Only thing that i know is that on the blade is e&f horster solingen. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sword price   Sword price  

Sword price   Sword price  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sword price
    P
    Many

Hi, You have an attractive Army Artillery sabre of nice quality from what I can see. I would date it as pre 1933 and probably pre 1918. The jawless lion head is typically Imperial in design and was not popular during the TR.

Value is relative to its rarity, condition, completeness and location. Ergo Rarity, Artillery sabres are pretty common. Condition, it looks pretty good but looks can be deceiving?? Completeness, you do not show the scabbard. Scabbards are not that hard to find however, finding the correct length and curvature can be a nightmare to find. Location, US, GB and European values vary with exchange rates and import tax etc. So at best any valuation could be way out depending on where you intend to sell it. For example for me, in the UK to pay £100 the following problems occur: Depending on your location, postage/insurance at your local rate, at a guess circa £20. if charged, at whatever current rate Import Tax plus additional postal charge would run to circa £30/50. Replace scabbard if required, circa £60 and rate of exchange against Sterling???? The value V cost of your sword plus the various add ons, is likely to deter a lot of international buyers as the end product, a nice but common sword is usually available at home. So for me to suggest any value figure would be meaningless.

Sorry that I can not give you a better answer, another member may come along with a very different opinion to. In any event, good luck.

Regards and best wishes Michael R