Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sword of unknown kind?

Article about: Hi, sorry if posting this in the wrong topic but was a little lost in where to put this since my knowledge with swords is none. Well, this is for sale at 150£ and I really liked it. Someone

?

Default Sword of unknown kind?

Hi, sorry if posting this in the wrong topic but was a little lost in where to put this since my knowledge with swords is none. Well, this is for sale at 150£ and I really liked it. Someone else with more knowledge regarding the price and model/purpose?

Sword of unknown kind?Sword of unknown kind?Sword of unknown kind?Sword of unknown kind?Sword of unknown kind?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sword of unknown kind?
    P
    Many

?

I would guess it to be a German sabre of around late 1800s.Price I would have thought about right.

Hi Sweyguy...no worries as it is in the correct forum..and as Lew07 states it is an early sabre of German origin. The forum swordsmen will be along shortly to give you better insight to an exact date and maker. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The maker is Swiss - 1896 Cavalry Troopers sword made in 1911 I think.

Info from here - not sure if you need to be a member to see the photos.

Schweizer Säbel eidgenössiche Ordonnanz, 1896/02. berittene Mannschaft mit Portepee - Schweiz - www.Blankwaffen-Forum.de

?

Thanks for all info chaps! What do you think of the price and value? Is it good or a bargain?

Regards Al

Hi, nice saber, but I afraid most of Swiss made items are quite common and easy to find in auction and from some reason many collectors (not all of course) don´t buy it... But saber is very nice weapon in good condition, I don´t collect Swiss items, but in auctions in Slovakia or Czech sabers which are very similar to yours cost about 200 €. Maybe in west Europe cost more, I don´t know exact price...

Regards Peter