Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

Hi Ade, Yes, a short inscription but one of my favourites.
    Cheers MR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

A few more swords to view, I hope that they are of some interest.
    Regards Michael R

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Some additional swords to view.

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Sabre Post WWI German Army Officer

Serial Number

XXX

# XXXD
    Designation Heer Offiziersabel
    Pattern NK
    Pommel Plain cap
    Hilt Brass gold patterned
    Langet Obverse Wreath laurel
    Langet Reverse Wreath laurel and shield
    Guard NA
    Grip Black celluloid brass wrap
    Scabbard Black steel
    Blade Plain single fuller
    Maker Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Cie
    Trade Mark Knight’s helm over WKC
    Etch Pattern NA
    Inscription NA
    Serial Numbers NA
    X Reference XXX
    Note Broken finger support

Sabre Third Reich German Army Officer

Serial Number

XXX

# XXXD
    Designation Heer Offiziersabel
    Pattern Generalfeldmarshal Wrangel
    Pommel Foliage cap
    Hilt Brass gold patterned
    Langet Obverse Political Eagle
    Langet Reverse Wreath oak and shield
    Guard NA
    Grip Black celluloid brass wrap
    Scabbard Black steel
    Blade Plain single fuller
    Maker Carl Eickhorn Waffenfabrik AG
    Trade Mark Original over Squirrel holding a sword over Eickhorn Solingen
    Etch Pattern NA
    Inscription NA
    Serial Numbers NA
    X Reference XXX
    Note Ges. Gesch. under guard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich   Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich  

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich   Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich  

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Sword Imperial Prussian Infantry Officer

Serial Number

XXX

# XXXD
    Designation Infanterie Offiziersdegen Modell 89
    Pattern NA
    Pommel Plain screw cap
    Hilt Steel silver
    Langet Obverse NA
    Langet Reverse NA
    Guard Imperial Prussian Eagle folding
    Grip Black Celluloid
    Wrap Brass Wire
    Scabbard Black leather with silver mounts x3
    Blade Plain double fuller
    Maker Ernst Pack
    Trade Mark Blacksmith wielding a hammer
    Etch Pattern NA
    Inscription NA
    Serial Numbers “2” on scabbard mounts
    X Reference XXX
    Note Finger support
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich  

?

As mentioned before, an interesting thread. Thanks for sharing your collection with us. Same goes for others who contribute.

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Scout, Thank you for your message and kind comments. I would love to sit in the middle of the room!! Problem is I can not find the middle, too much junk to climb over!! how about some photos of your swords, don't br shy!!
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R
    Better late than ever.

A few Q&D pics.
    Its easy to see, where my interest lies (though I like many variations of cold steel).

I originally wanted to get some Schiavonas, but at the time they were a little rich for my blood.

Besides I quite like these - in fact Im a huge fan. The historic importance of these sabres in terms of battlefield effectiveness can not be overestimated IMO.
    Interesting to note the variations, as so many countries used the sabre. Blade tips are different, scabbards tip are different,some have 'sloping'ends to the handle, some dont. They diiffer in overall size as well.
    I have scabbards for all, but one scabbard is hung by wires, that I didnt remove.

The latter pic may show the very pronounced reinforced area of the tip, which made these so very very devastating.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich   Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich  

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich   Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich  

Hi Scout, Thank you for posting the photos and the narative. Like you, I too am of the opinion that this particular weaqpon is both functionally very effective yet still very attractive. I only have one which is German and I will post a couple of photos of it even though it has no scabbard and is in pretty poor condition. If I were an infantry soldier facing a bunch of screaming cavalry troopers waving sabres like these, I would need to be wearing brown trousers!!
    Thank you once again and regards Michael R

Note

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Scout, Thank you for posting the photos and the narative. Like you, I too am of the opinion that this particular weaqpon is both functionally very effective yet still very attractive. I only have one which is German and I will post a couple of photos of it even though it has no scabbard and is in pretty poor condition. If I were an infantry soldier facing a bunch of screaming cavalry troopers waving sabres like these, I would need to be wearing brown trousers!!
    Thank you once again and regards Michael R
    Yes, on both counts; very effective and still very attractive.

And yes, I imagine the pucker factor would have been quite high.

Must have taken some guts to face that back then.

But as The Duke said; Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway

?

Default Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

I know its not III Reich but think the blade guys would appreciate a nice Imperial sword rather the folks on the Imperial forum who really get into gear, medals ,uniforms etc.
    Pictured is an Bavarian Curiassier Officer Sword, has the In Treue Fest on the blade and the maker Eickhorn with the early double squirrel, the crossguard has the Bavarian lion and the grip gilting with oakleaf design overall.
    Sorry for the foot and the blurry grip picture also for posting here.

Horst

Attachment 630293Attachment 630294Attachment 630295

"He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast