Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

Hi, The swords detailed in this and the next post are those that I missed from the first batch of swords shown to date. I am in the process of going over to a new format for the remainder of the swords that will be shown by me. Having said that, please, please feel free to add some or all of your swords to this thread as the thread is a sticky and you may have a sword which one of our viewers has been trying to identify??? Or which may promote discussion.

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

Right, that is it for the first batch. All pretty uninspiring but the next batch should be a bit or even a lot more interesting??
    Cheers Michael Ryan

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Hello fellow enthusiasts with an interest in swords. You may have noticed that I have not touched this thread for a few months as I do not want to bore anyone. Anyway, perhaps it is time to bring it back to life and rekindle some interest?? I have decided to amend my approach to my method of listing so will now start listing by manufacturer rather than as a random selection. Hopefully, this will give a better insight into the variations even when manufactured by the same establishment or firm. The swords which I will be showing are from my own collection but anyone with ANY swords to show is more than welcome to contribute especialy if you have something controvecial or that is likely to generate a conversation and help the thread along. I believe in constructive critisism so please feel free to disagree or pass comments on any statements, format or photos etc.

The first three swords are Standard Pattern Army Officer's sabres. All are pattered dove head swords and bear the name of Alexander Coppel or ACS and sport the firm's logo of a set of scales. All have black enamelled single ring scabbards and the hilts are of early brass type.

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

MAP
    ?

Michael

I know this is an OLD post but first time I'm seeing it. Fantastic collection!! Absolutely beautiful.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sword 1 (126).

a. Obverse Langet. Political Eagle looking to its left with foliage to either side of its body.
    b. Reverse langet. Vertical oval escutchion encompassed by foliage.
    c. Rarety. Quite common.

Sword 2 (128).

a. Obverse Langet. Political Eagle looking to its right.
    b. Reverse langet. Plain outlined shield.
    c. Rarety. Scarse.

Sword 3 (134).

a. Obverse Langet. Military Eagle looking to its right.
    b. Reverse langet. Plain outlined shield.
    c. Rarety. Quite common.

Sword 1 has a hilt of heavy cast type ornamentation whilst 2 and 3 have cut or impressed ornamentation and are identical other than the obverse langets.

Please note the rarety is only my opinion.

Hope these are of interest. Regards Michael R

Hi Michael, Many thanks for your kind words. Keep watching as there are a few more to come. Some good and some dogs but worth a look at. Happy hunting and thank you once again.

Regards Michael

MAP
    ?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Michael, Many thanks for your kind words. Keep watching as there are a few more to come. Some good and some dogs but worth a look at. Happy hunting and thank you once again.

Regards Michael
    Look fwd to seeing. Have to find some items to post to Odd & Ends thread!!! That's been kind of stale as well.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes Michael, it has been a bit neglected but I have a few bits to post!!!
    Cheers MR

Hi Again, Another minor change. I will now post the swords on an individual basis in order to keep the photos separate and avoid confusion. I hope!! The following three swords are again by ALCOSO.

Sword 4 (171). Police sword.

a. Obverse Langet. NA.
    b. Reverse langet. NA.
    c. Rarety. Quite scarce.

Sword 5 (167). Army Lion Head sabre with ruby type glass eyes of similar identical pattern to Sword 1 above but with a lion head pommel. The sword is of early brass hilt construction but appears to hav a steel ferrule. Possibly transitional??

a. Obverse Langet. Political Eagle looking to its left with foliage to either side of its body. Identical to Sword 1 above.
    b. Reverse langet. Vertical oval escutchion encompassed by foliage. Identical to Sword 1 above.
    c. Rarety. Quite Scarse.

Sword 6 (173). Army Artillery Lion Head sabre with ruby type glass eyes. Due to the overall style and chunky feel of the sword I would call it Imperial rather than later however, similar swords were on offer during the TR period but usually with lighter more elegant blades and scabbards

a. Obverse Langet. Crossed artillery cannon superimpossed over a foliage wreath.
    b. Reverse langet. Small plain shield of elegant style within a foliage wreath.
    c. Rarety. Quite common.

Sword 4

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Sword 5.

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast