Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

Hi Fred, thank you for your message and information. The 1796 in my collection has no military markings but is of German manufactere?
    Cheers Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

Hello Michael, My immediate recollection is that all of the EM/government issue British 1796 heavy and light cavalry swords that come to mind at the moment were marked in one manner or another, with a number of them also having unit markings. And that during the period of the occupation of Solingen by the French, production of French pattern swords seems to have been absorbed by either the government or French outlets. That said, pre-occupation private purchase 1796 Officer’s swords by German makers are not uncommon, and while sometimes hard to pin down, swords for the Yeomanry and possibly some others are sometimes also in the mix. Best Regards, Fred

Hi Fred, Thank you for your message and the information. I am beginning to think that the 1796 et al is a whole new subject!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers Michael

Hi Fellow Sword Enthusiasts, Sorry for not actioning or excersising this thread for so long but having moved cross country with all its attendant problems, I have been out of the sword field and as yet, my swords are all in varying states of storage. To put this into context, last year I was lucky enough to purchase three sword and as yet, I have not had a chance to clean them! Anyway, I still one or two to view for those still interested.

Sword 196 The maufacturer of this sabre is not known and there are no visible markings. This is a TR Army Officer's pattern sabre.

a. Hilt. Cast in brass, the backstrap is secured to the grip by means of a pair of brass rivets. The grip is of wood with a plastic coating and should have a brass wire wrap.
    b. Obverse Langet. Fairly laqrge Political National Eagle surmounting a swastika withina cercular wreat flanked by foliage.
    c. Reverse langet. Plain shield shape with outlined boarder and surmounted byscroll work.
    d. Pommel. Heavy foliage pattern.
    e. Blade. Plated steel with single fullers and without etching.
    f. Scabbard. Standard black steel scabbard with a single ring suspension fitting and loop to the reverse side of the scabbard.
    g. Rarety. Fairly scarce..

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Hey Michael,
    I hope your relocation goes well!
    I know all about it, we just moved as well. But not a cross country; just around the block.

That sword you just showed is a beauty! A nice well finished detail.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Yeh Stuka, Moving is a real pain in the but mind having served 30 years in the Air Force and been moved every where between backside and breakfast time you would think I would get the hang of it!!! Thank you for your coments!
    Regards Michael

?

Default TR swords

hi lads another item im being offered from a seller, any idea if its ok or a fake thanks. Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

No fake, but the blade seems pitted...

cheers
    |<ris

?

Thank you. Amy idea what it would be worth?

Sorry , I don't do evaluations. To much factors depend of it.

cheers
    |<ris

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast