Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

?

Default Re: Anyone else like German swords??

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Re showing my favourites, I am happy to do so but do not wish to bore anyone or appear to be showing off.
    I was reading an interesting article on German sword making and my whole appreciation has changed for swords. Just thinking about the quality and work that went into all the swords you have is amazing. We would love to see some close-ups of your favorites. And I guarantee you people on this forum don't get bored seeing original pieces of militaria.

Cheers, Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

Micheal .R,all I can say is Cripes.!

Hi again Patrick and thank you for your message. Following on our conversation this morning re caps, IMO, swords are a far safer bet than caps and you get, in relative terms, quite a lot for your money. Another point worth considdering is that swords are generaly cheeper than daggers and caps and also do not atract moths!! Yes, I will show some of my favourite swords as soon as I get the chance to photograph them!!
    Cheers once again and happy hunting. Are you sure that you are only 14???

Hello Michael,
    Thank you for the wishes.
    I generally do not do this type of work for others due to the amount of time that would be required. It would be cost prohibitive. Almost all of my work is done in miniature. Here are a few photos to show what I am talking about.
    Ralph.
    Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    Here is a photo that shows my WMW Panther head and my WKC Lion head swords.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi harryamb, Thank you!! Regards and best wishes Michael R

Hi Ralph, Simply outstanding. I once knew a man who did similar work producing miniature tools but what you do is in a whole different ball game. Beautiful work and stunning craftmanship!! In many, perhaps too many years of collecting, I have never seen the like, please accept my appreciation of you tallent and ability. I was more taken with your miniatures than with the full size weapons in the photos. Back to swords. A very nice pair especially the Panther!! I particularly like the style of eagle on the langet of the Panther. It would go nicely in my collection -- Wishfull thinking!!
    Cheers once again Michael R

Hi Michael
    I am glad you enjoyed my photos, my political leader hat is a minty and named orts level, kreis and gau are out of the price range for now, as far as my name its just a screen name that I quickly came up with when I signed up here, I think I was waching the gladiator movie and it sounded cool, I do not have any roman helmets or swords, sorry to dissapoint haha but my real name is john.

Wow, I can only account for this one
    Thanks for showing

Hi Rene, Thank you for your respose to the thread and for the excellent photos of a nice early patented sword. Not a common pattern sword and in nice used condition. Although, like most collectors, I like nice clean mint examples I also appreciate used and even damaged items as they show use and character. At the end of the day, these swords are older than most of us and if we look as good as they look at their age, we would be doing well!!
    Thank you once again Rene and happy hunting. With regards and best wishes Michael R
    PS What else do you collect? German and other etc??

Hi John, Thank you for your reply. Yes I did enjoy your photos and am impressed by your "rounded" collection and methods of display. I only wish that I could be so tidy. I bet you have all your items photographed and catalogued?? Very wise. I have seen the film several times and yes, it is excellent The Roman actually look like fighting Roman troops and not the figments of the imagination some Hollywood producer. A fine collection and a caring collector!!
    Cheers once again Michael R

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast