Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

Default Re: Anyone else like German swords??

Hi Kevlar, Thank you for your message and kind comments Regards MR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Hi, Three more swords. Imperial German. Hope you find them of interest.

1. German East Africa Presentation sword
    Postal Services Degen
    Ditto
    2. Full hilt detail of East Africa sword
    3. Guard detail of above
    4/5/6/7. Etching detail of above
    8. Hilt of higher quality Postal Service sword
    9. Hilt of lesser quality Postal Service sword

All have etched blades and the only sword with a makers logo is the the East Africa made by Alcoso.

Regards Michael R

Holy wow. I love the blades. I'll have to show my damascus, prussian, m89, deluxe gross degen some day.
    Beautiful collection
    Matt

?

Excellent swords, I love Imperial swords.

Any chances of more photos of your caps? I am dieing to see the SS and NSDAP caps.

Cheers, Pat

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Hi All, Thought some of you may be interested in looking at some Naval swords? From Right to left:
    1. Swords:
    a. Pre 45 with plain pipe back blade and folding guard.
    b. Imperial with etched pipe back blade, folding guard and ivory hilt.
    c. Imperial with plain fullered blade and fixed basket hilt almost identical to that worn by the Royal Navy. The sword hilt is KM numbered.
    d. Pre 45 with etched fullered blade and folding guard.
    e. Imperial Austrian Empire with etched fullered blade and national knot.
    2. The photos run in the oposite order as Para 1.

Hope that they are of interest and any comments welcome.
    Cheers Michael R

?

More excellent swords, I love the etch work on them.

Do you have any swords made by the maker "Mohr & Speyer"? I think they made swords during Imperial times and I wonder if they continued into the TR era. Also do you know if Mohr & Speyer was the special swords provider for the Imperial King's court like their visor caps were?

Thanks, Pat

?

Lovely KM swords, and i love the Austrian etching
    Double Monarchy eagle!
    Funny thing about these swords is that they are not big, kinda short ones, i owned a W.K &C with Ivory grip, lovely swords

thx for showing!

Ger

Outstanding collection. I still haven't managed to get a nice lion's head officer's sword in the right condition & price.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Hi Patrick, Thank you for your message. A good little book for you to buy "The sword and bayonet makers of Imperial Germany 1871 to 1918". This is a brilliant little book by John Walter. It states that the firm was probably a supplier rather than a manufacturer working between 1852 and 1867 although the registration date is not known. Apparently they were suppliers to state army of Bayern. They also supplied swords to the Swiss Army and were probably out of business before the turn of the 20th century. Their trade marks were M____ & S_____ in full in a strait line or in two lines with Berlin on the lower line. I have not come across the firm in my collecting. From what I have read on swords etc, weapons supplied by suppliers to the Royals bore a small inscription on the blade but I can not for the life of me recall what it says. It equates to our "By appointment to____" When it come to me I will let you know. Hope that this info is of interest and help to you. Regards Michael R

Hi Don, Thank you for your kind words. Re the Lion Head, They are out there, keep hunting and good luck!!
    Cheers Michael R

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast