Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

Default Re: Anyone else like German swords??

Hi Ger, Thank you for your kind words. I wish that I had known you when you had the sword!! Cheers Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

?

Hey Michael,

That sounds like a good book and I will get a copy. I have a lot of books on my list to get and I am currently reading a lot as well so I need to catch up.
    I know Mohr & Speyer made swords, uniforms and caps but I dont know too much else about them. They supplied caps to the Imperial Kings Court and the quality of their items is top notch. Most of their swords I noticed are Bavarian but the cap I own is Prussian. TR Mohr & Speyer Visor caps are rare and TR swords by Mohr & Speyer I have never seen before
    Here is my cap and Mohr & Speyers stamp thing. (I forget the name). I also found a sword by them on Google imeges.
    Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Ger, Thank you for your kind words. I wish that I had known you when you had the sword!! Cheers Michael R
    Thats a pity sold it only 2 months ago...
    it is a type thats almost impossible to find, but i made a friend very happy with it....thats worth a lot too
    Cheers,
    Ger
    Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Hi Ger, Are you a sadist??? That is a beautiful high quality sword and if your friend wants to sell it please bear me in mind. A nice etched pipe or quill back with a full basket guard, not easy to find!! You certainly know how to tease!!! Thank you for taking the time to send me the photos. What else do you collect?? You never know, I may be able to get my own back by teasing you with something!!!
    Thank you once again Michael R

Hi again, A few more swords to view. Hope I am not boring anyone??
    Cheers Michael R

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

1.1 Bavarian sword hilt
    1.2 Regimental Title details
    1.3 State Motto

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

2.1 Prussian sword hilt
    2.2 Regimental Title details
    2.3 Blade reverse etching

3.1 Kurmark sword hilt
    3.2 Regimental Title details
    3.3 Blade reverse etching

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

4.1 Cavalry lion head hilt obverse detail
    4.2 Reverse hilt detail
    4.3 Guard detail
    4.4 Regimental Title details
    4.5 Blade reverse etching
    4.6 Enlargement of reverse etching

5.1 Brass plain hilt sword with pipe back blade
    5.2 Blade obverse etching
    5.3 Blade reverse etching

Cheers to all Michael R

Hello Michael,
    You are not boring anyone with your photos. Most of us are truly enjoying viewing the lovely examples that you are posting. I personally have never seen so many examples of etched blades in one place before.
    Please continue!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

just beautiful Michael
    pity you didnt start a bit earlier with posting.....
    still have a nice Eugen
    GerSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Hi Ralph, Thank you for your kind words. I have a fear that I may be percieved as being a bit of a show off but if you are happy to view then I am happy to show. Further, particularly for you, I have included a few more swords to view!! Greatly appreciated!!
    4 of the 5 swords detailed below:

6.1 Army jawless lion head hilt obverse detail. A cypher or branch of service device appears to have been removed from the langet
    6.2 Reverse hilt detail
    6.3 Guard detail
    6.4 Enlargement of reverse langet showing original owners monogram
    6.5 Reverse of blade etch
    6.6 Obverse of pipe back blade etch showing presentation inscription

7.1 Hilt detail of plain brass hilt sword
    7.2 Obverse blade etch
    7.3 Reverse blade etch

8.1 Army jawless lion head hilt obverse detail of an Artillary sword
    8.2 Reverse hilt detail
    8.3 Guard detail
    8.4 Reverse blade etch
    8.5 Obverse blade etch

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

9.1 Army full jaw lion head hilt obverse detail of a Cavalry sword
    9.2 Reverse hilt detail
    9.3 Guard detail
    9.4 Reverse blade etch
    9.5 Obverse blade etch

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

11.1 Bavarian plain brass hilt sword
    11.2 Obverse blade etch showing national moto
    11.3 Reverse blade etch

Hi Ger, Thanks for the photos but I disagree with your description, it is not a nice Prince E, it is a beautiful Prince E!!! Is it part of your collection or is it possibly available for sale/trade? I have a similar sword but perhaps not in such good condition.
    Cheers MR

A few more swords to view

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Regards Michael R

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast