Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

Very nice degens!!
    Sorry I am a bit late to respond.
    Didn't find the threat yet , but found some pic's;

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

Hi, Thank you for your message and the photos. It is a very interesting "variation" on the Blucher/1706 cavalry sabre and one that I have not come across before. Whilst the pitting adds a great deal of authenticity and character to the sword it is also a shame that it has probably obscured whatever ordnance and manufacturer's marks that there may have been. Although by no means knowledgeable on this subject, I am inclined toward the country of origin being Germany and the user being one of the Scandinavian countries?? Given the number of books and general literature available covering both German and British swords, I would have thought that it would have popped up in one or more reference books long before now?? Ergo, it would suggest to me that it possibly belonged to one of the lesser documented or smaller national armies. As a matter of interest, I have just this afternoon been reading up on the various swords worn and carried by the British Army since the 1700's and have found no reference to a multi bar guard on any derivative of the 1796 pattern sword! I am very sorry that I can not offer any sort of difinative answer but feel sure that someone out there will know exactly what it is?????????????????
    Cheers and best wishes Michael R

Hi Again, As you may have gathered, I cocked up the upload of the Deggen and had to abort the exercise but have now completed it.

Item 3/4 Two swords which I believe to be Postal or Postal Security Officer's. Both are etched although one is clearly a more elaborate hilt. Niether is maker marked and the brown scabbard is not contemporary with the sword. If anyone out there has any spare scabbards for this deggen or indeed any other swords for sale, please let me know. I hope that you find these swords of interest.
    Cheers once again Michael R

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Sorry for interrupting your degen exercise! ;-)
    Also thanks for you help regarding the multi bar guard sword.
    Here is a link to a nice German sword site you probably know;
    Die Zietenhusaren - Rathenow - Blankwaffen - Staatsbeamtendegen
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Stuka, Thank you very much for your message and the link. No, the link is new to me and very interesting. Unfortunately, I niether speak nor read German but the pictures are good. What is the site? Is it someone's private collection, if so, it is pretty damn good? I have added it to my bookmarks and will peruse it properly over the next few days. If you have any more links like this, please feel free to send them to me. Other than this one which you sent, I have no other sword links so thank you once again.
    With regards and best wishes Michael R

?

Amazing collection I have really enjoyed looking at your swords and your display method...thanks for showing

Hi LMG 1, Thank you for your message and kind comment. I hope to put a few more swords on this week, so keep watching this space!!!
    Regards and best wishes Michael R

Most interesting- I have seen some of Michael's excellent collection in person, but I have also learned some things from this thread - thank you.

Hi Douglas, Thank you for your message. We must meet up again at some time in the not too distant future!!!
    Cheers Michael.

?

Looking forward to seeing more then Michael..i have all ways loved German swords hopefully one day my wife will let me buy more lol
    Seeing your collection in person must be quite amazing

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast