Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Third Reich political sword?

Article about: I found this sword on a web-site. I have never seen one like it before. It's advertised as GERMAN WW2 NICKEL HILT OFFICERS SWORD Has anyone seen one like this before? also reads THE MAKER MA

Default Third Reich political sword?

I found this sword on a web-site. I have never seen one like it before. It's advertised as "GERMAN WW2 NICKEL HILT OFFICERS SWORD" Has anyone seen one like this before? also reads "THE MAKER MARK IS SIMILAR TO A ROMAN HELMET AND W.F.P." Third Reich political sword?Third Reich political sword?Third Reich political sword? Thanks for any info.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich political sword?
    P
    Many

The sword itself is original. The issue here is the addition of the insignia. Too many of these have been played with over the years. Clearly the dealer does not know much about these.

The maker will be Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Co (WKC)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade,
    Thanks for the reply. That's what caught me off guard was the insignia. Wasn't sure if something like this could be original or not. Never seen one like this before with that kind of insignia.

It would not be for me unless it was very cheap. That insignia kills it in my opinion. Shame.

Reason I say this is a postwar addition is that the insignia is on the wrong side of the crossguard when the sword is in wear. DOH!

So it would display OK on the collection wall. It might be just super glued in place and could come off?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here is mine:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...cos-sword-998/

and one off the forum from yesterday:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-sword-388830/

This design had a long service life as you can see.

Cheers, Ade.

They are asking $285 US for the sword. But thanks to you and the others on this forum I can just save my hard earned money for something else. I'll pass on this one. You are right I should have noticed the insignia is on the wrong side. That's why I have you guys to help me out. Thanks again
    Best regards,
    Marty