Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown Sword HELP NEEDED!!

Article about: This sword is coming up for auction not sure if its WWI or WWII. Any information would be very a pprecaited. Thanks in advance for your help. I posted a photo of it in the imperial german fo

Default Unknown Sword HELP NEEDED!!

This sword is coming up for sale not sure if its WWI or WWII. Any information would be very apprecaited. Thanks in advance for your help. I posted a photo of it in the imperial german forum a day or so ago but did not get any response. I thought someone that looks at this section of the forum might see it and know what on earth it is, as the sword is going up for sale very soon and I don't want to miss out it its something good. Thanks in advance for your help. Thanks, Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown Sword HELP NEEDED!! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Sword HELP NEEDED!!
    P
    Many

Hi Robert You will get a response from Michael in a few hours....I can say it is Imperial..but the make and Model Im not sure of. Hang tight Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for your response Larry! It having any eagle and not a lion really had me stumped. I had searched online and could not find any thing like it. I am very interested to find out what it is. Thanks, Robert

Hi Robert
    Maybe Justice or Prison official's saber ?

Regards
    Stingray

Looks like Ivan is on the right track. I found this one even though it's not the same it's similar. Obviously this one is Third Reich and yours looks to be Imperial.

Johnson Reference Books

Luke

Unknown Sword HELP NEEDED!!

From the limited view posted I'm not completely certain that it's Imperial. My reasoning being that I see what may be a silver colored base metal exposed on the side of the beak and bottom of the langet(?). Also the grip looks like its black celluloid covered instead of sharkskin - which is sometimes a clue (but not always). And the grip wiring looks like its straight wire (?) instead of twisted.

If it was me I would be asking for more info/better pictures. Best Regards, Fred

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    From the limited view posted I'm not completely certain that it's Imperial. Also the grip looks like its black celluloid covered instead of sharkskin - which is sometimes a clue (but not always). And the grip wiring looks like its straight wire (?) instead of twisted.

If it was me I would be asking for more some info/better pictures. Best Regards, Fred
    I would tend to agree with Fred.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the responses guys. I wondered if it could possibly be Saxon or something else. I will try to get better pictures. I searched the web for a couple hours last night and could not find reference to a sword like it. Thanks, Robert.

Hi, You have a nice and uncommon sword but the photo is not too good also you have only shown the reverse side of the hilt assembly. Given the apparent width of the blade, I am inclined to agree with Fred as to me it looks TR rather than Imperial. Imperial blades tend, but not invariably, to be wider and heavier. The Langet is typically WKC (Weyersberg, Kirschbaum and Cie) with a representation of a Knight'ds helmet with mantle. This would make your sword either a WKC model or possibly another manufacturer using purchased WKC parts. I would guess the former rather than the latter. Witout viewing the obverse langet or even a description it would be hard to give a definitive response. Further, to me and given the eagle head pommel, I would look at either Justice or Prison Service even though it is not the standard pattern for either organisation. Apparently, WKC did make a variation pattern sabre for these organisations and offered it under model number 1047? Better photos of both sides please!!
    Hope that this is of help and interest to you.
    Cheers Michael R

PS Why Saxon????

Thanks for your response Michael, it is much appreciated and helpful. I attempted to contact them but could not get any one to answer the phone. So I am afraid I may have to just do my best to examine it in person before they sell it tomorrow and hope the price stays reasonable as I could not find any like it that had sold to compare for value. I feel alot more comfortable examining TR daggers than swords as I inherited some daggers from my grandfather and picked up some over the last few years. Are their any known fakes of this sword of anything in particlar I should look for? I always feel uncomfortable paying much for something I know little about. Also, me saying saxon was just a shot in the dark, I really don't have a reason for that. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me.

Thanks, Robert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast