Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Heer sword. Please help to ID

Article about: Hi guys, Just picked up this beauty. And although part of the metal grip broke off, blade looks like new. No makers stamp. Overall excellent condition. I searched online but could not find t

Default Unmarked Heer sword. Please help to ID

Hi guys,
    Just picked up this beauty. And although part of the metal grip broke off, blade looks like new. No makers stamp. Overall excellent condition. I searched online but could not find that exact eagle combination. Is it possible to replace broken part on it? Anybody have how its suppose to look originally intact? I would appreciate all the answers as always. Price paid $100.

Thanks again
    Dmitry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Heer sword. Please help to ID   Unmarked Heer sword. Please help to ID  

Unmarked Heer sword. Please help to ID   Unmarked Heer sword. Please help to ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Heer sword. Please help to ID
    P
    Many

I like it a lot!
    Very nice crisp details! Wonderful eagle.
    I guess finding a suitable part to replace the broken part would be hard.
    My idea of restoration would be to fill up the missing part with polyester or putty. With the details and a golden finish. Just my way or restoration.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Its a Tiger made sword, probably a lion head originally, very nice sword, shame about the damage, very very very unlikely you could find the correct back strap, maybe find one off a different maker, but you would be turning it into a Frankenstein, just leave as is in my opinion.
    Neil

i appreciate it