Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

URGENT Heer Sword verification

Article about: Gentlemen, This sword is going up for sale tomorrow and I urgently need a learned verification. If any sword experts could look at these and ascertain authenticity for me I would be extremel

Exclamation URGENT Heer Sword verification

Gentlemen,

This sword is going up for sale tomorrow and I urgently need a learned verification. If any sword experts could look at these and ascertain authenticity for me I would be extremely grateful. A ballpark value would also be very nice.

Am I right in that it is an earlier variety? What was the difference between the lion and dovehead varieties?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement URGENT Heer Sword verification
    P
    Many

It is original.

Lionshead types have a Lions head to the grip

The blade is retailer marked.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

Thanks for the verification. Perhaps I should rephrase my question, what was the difference in use between lion and doveshead swords?
    What is a fair price for a piece like this?

Cheers,
    Franzjoseph

No particular use in the different varieties- doves head, lion head, leopard head, etc. It was just a matter of choice and preference by the purchaser and how fancy or expensive he wished to go. This particular sword looks to be pretty nice condition. Swords, however, are all about the decorations, engravings, personalizations, etc. They generally start out , in nice shape, at the $500 area and go up as high as a collector wishes to go for them....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Ade,

Thanks for clarifying that point for me. Yes, the condition was very nice, but quite plain, no engravings etc. Thanks for the input on prices =)

It looks like a very nice example to me. Also being in agreement that extra added features can command higher prices, but seldom seen, and then you also (IMO) have to factor in condition. With this one from what I can see easily passing that bar (test). Best Regards, Fred

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input, and the super-fast verification. Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Did you purchase any of the sale items?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Is there a maker mark? and any kind of engravings or special markings/etching will increase the value, but you also have to be carefull with fake etchings and such with the special models, so it is best to have a nice plain example IMO then you know it was never messed with post war. The gilt on this one almost looks 100% which is always nice!

very nice detail on the hilt and condition looks good.
    Please check the other side of the riccaso if is there any maker mark, looks like Alcoso to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast