Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Von Stein sword

Article about: for my self I have questions about the panther head sword. to my eyes the color is wrong on the brass handle. I hope i'm mistaken, but I think that sword needs a closer look.

?

for my self I have questions about the panther head sword. to my eyes the color is wrong on the brass handle. I hope i'm mistaken, but I think that sword needs a closer look.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Von Stein sword
    P
    Many

I was thinking the panther head sword looked odd also, but I have never held one like this model in hand so I did not want to question it since I have a somewhat new knowledge in this area, but even the Eickhorn maker mark looks funky to me, could just be the angle or lighting.

On all the Heer panther head swords in the Eickhorn catalogue the panther shows there top teeth on the guard which may cause you doubt on this sword as there is none, but if you look in the original sales catalogue you will notice there are no teeth showing on the Scharnhorst model as is this one shown by Jenco.
    I have held this one also in hand and I honestly do like it (love it actually) ;D
    hope this helps
    cheers Ronnie

?

I have two of these as you know Ronnie and apart from the Leopard head they are both the same as the Von Stein, When you look at all three they are all different in small details hand finish etc. The Scharnorst in question is a brass one and its quite dirty, I have only wiped on oily rag over it as like to leave as is.

Here is my other Scharnorst, Which does look really nice but is a later produced one being aluminium with gilt finish, worth noting on this one is the gold wire on the grip for me its been replaced although whether it was done period or not I dont know. The rivet holding the grip backstrap in place has no gilt. Its still an impressive sword, The knot on this one is an addition and not original to sword, It looks like a regular heer knot but is pink on the underside, I first thought it might pink for panzer, but have also been informed that its a really early fire officers knot, maybe some one on here knows for sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Von Stein sword   Von Stein sword  

Von Stein sword   Von Stein sword  

Von Stein sword   Von Stein sword  

?

Quote by Andrew View Post
    for my self I have questions about the panther head sword. to my eyes the color is wrong on the brass handle. I hope i'm mistaken, but I think that sword needs a closer look.
    Hi Andrew here is another Scharnorst with same grip wire that you have doubts about, they must have sometimes varied the wire. Or maybe earlier models made of brass and not base metal started of with different wire.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...review-190704/

?

welcome to our forum and Thx for sharing these nice examples here

Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2