Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think of this sword?

Article about: I am interested by this sword; What do you think of this: Attachment 561956 Attachment 561957Attachment 561958Attachment 561959Attachment 561960Attachment 561961 The seller sells it 650 € ,

Default What do you think of this sword?

I am interested by this sword; What do you think of this:
    Attachment 561956
    Attachment 561957Attachment 561958Attachment 561959Attachment 561960Attachment 561961
    The seller sells it 650 € , but It seems to be a little expensive for me
    Thanks for your answers;
    Have you ever seen green eyes on this style of sword?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think of this sword?
    P
    Many

?

looks great, make offer

It's a Panther head Puma but I'm not totally liking the detail of the backstrap ornamentation. It may be just the lighting or the camera shot, but it doesn't look as crisp and sharp as you would expect to see on a Puma. These detailings were all done by hand-as were the lines of the Panther's mane, etc. The chest feathers are also very large and course, as opposed to the finer checkering that you usually see. There is absolutely no gilding left on it either and it doesn't look like there ever Was. I'm wondering if this could be a repro wearing an original portapee. Either way, I would pass on it. It does not look good to me-there are tons of swords out there to choose from, but I wouldn't choose This one...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The seller says this sword was silver plated and it would be a saber customs officer; Silver plated with green eyes seem to be quite rare i think.
    What do you think of the price?

Knot is not a customs knot and is an Army type.Also check page #267 of Angolias "SWORDS OF GERMANY" which shows a WKC Land Customs piece.Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Puma made this model sword.Also one of Johnsons early volumes has this sword which does not look anything like the piece in this thread.

What do you think of the price? I think 650 € is a pretty good indicator of what the Seller thinks about it. If it Was good, 650 € would be an absurd price to sell it for.
    William

I don't know about sword it is poor engraving. Police officers knot isn't it. Looks it to me. timothy

The last time I saw a portapee like this one, it was on an Army Dress Bayonet....
    William

Swords are not my thing so I can't speak on it. The knot is for a Polizei sword, it is an officer's grade knot. Definitely not an Army knot.

Thanks you for your answers;
    You confirm what i thought;
    I'll pass this sword.