Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What kind of sword?

Article about: Hello, First post so hopefully it's in the right spot. I was hoping someone could help us identify this sword. It looks like some of the others that have been posted on this site. It belonge

Orly
    ?

Default What kind of sword?

Hello,
    First post so hopefully it's in the right spot. I was hoping someone could help us identify this sword. It looks like some of the others that have been posted on this site. It belonged to my stepmother's father who owned it for as long as they can remember. We're not sure where he got it from. If anybody knows what kind, where its probably from, when it was probably made, how much it could be worth, and/or any other facts about it please let me know! Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of sword?   What kind of sword?  

What kind of sword?   What kind of sword?  

What kind of sword?   What kind of sword?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: What kind of sword?

Hi and welcome

It is a 3rd Reich era side dagger, for the Forstry commision. Nicely engraved blade, that looks a bit tired.

Still they are good looking daggers IMO

Default Re: What kind of sword?

I don't know if it is true to this sword, but some of the Eickhorn made NCO swords I have scene had the acorn logo design similar to yours. I have read that the acorn and squirrel logo designs were used by Eickhorn primarily between 1937 and 1941. Sorry, but I would have no idea as to the value. Very interesting blade. Also welcome to the site, it's a treasure trove of information.