Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword

Article about: Wittmann Militaria #35419 Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword First, is it legit? Second, is it worth 800\\$ I am looking to spend max 1000\\$ on a lion/leopard head sword, I like the ones fr

Default What is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword

Wittmann Militaria #35419 Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword

First, is it legit?

Second, is it worth 800$

I am looking to spend max 1000$ on a lion/leopard head sword, I like the ones from Wittmann. As a n00b I am seeking help from you vets to help me find a good deal. I like the wood handle opposed to the faded shiny gold

Thanks, you guys are awesome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword
    P
    Many

?

I just picked up a engraved puma sword for a lot less then that .

I see. Well any direction to a good deal on a good sword in good shape would be appreciated. How much do you think this sword is actually worth?

?

I suggest you search the web and when you find one you like post it. Gary

Ya I seen it, very nice man

The only sites I like are

German Swords
    Wittmann Militaria - Swords, Other 3rd Reich

The sword I linked in the initial post is the one I like most

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Well the first site you 'like' is snyders treasure. Although I am not from the US and I know nothing about this character what I will tell you is nobody will ever encourage you to buy from him.

Big W is ok, but his email answering has gone rapidly south in the last year for some reason..... I would say spending allot of time on the new SA book but I don't know.

About the sword (which you asked), I like it. Nice to see a good layer of original paint on the scabbard. However If I was you, Id look into a maker marked one it will hold value better and will be easier to sell when you come to sell it. I know he say's he thinks its a krebbs but its only a hunch and will mean nothing come sale day - trust me!

The alcoso one on there is probably better but a bit more. However that extra 100 bucks (ive always wanted to say bucks like in the movies but never get the chance ) is going a long way. A) you are getting a quality maker mark and B) you have a 33" blade which I will say long swords are always that much more desirable!

Good luck with your decision, matty

Firstly - it should be noted, that the Leopard Head sabre much rarer than Lion Head sabre, and for that fact - more expensive.
    These sabre looks untouched, nothing on it is not broken, maybe only miss some "gold" finish, but it simply she is good taste.
    I also think that this whole topic, is useless without sabre photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword   What is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword  

What is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword   What is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword  

What is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword   What is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword  

Agreed Matty, I am leaning twords the Alcoso

Thanks guys

There is no photos of the maker mark but the item info indicates " The reverse ricasso is stamped with the scales trademark having the firm's initials, "ACS" interspersed. Above the scales is the firm's name in block letters, "ALCOSO" and below, the location city of "SOLINGEN"."

I will ask for a maker mark photo before buying. What does everyone think of this one?

What is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army SwordWhat is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army SwordWhat is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army SwordWhat is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army SwordWhat is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army SwordWhat is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army SwordWhat is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army SwordWhat is your opinion on this Unmarked Krebs Leopard Head Army Sword