Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso etched dagger with ivory grip and M38 pommel

Article about: Hi guys, here is one of my navy daggers with a beautiful ivory grip. It's by Alcoso and has all the typical Alcoso details like the scabbard rings, the pommel and the diamond shape on the ba

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso etched dagger with ivory grip and M38 pommel

Hi Irsto, I have an army dagger in my collection with an artificial ivory grip. I will post this one later. You will spot the difference with real ivory immediately. I actually have done the hot nail test on that one years ago . I screwd of the pommel and toutched the top of the grip with a hot nail. But that was back then. In the mean time I've seen (and had in my hands) enough real ivory grips to be able to tell the difference. Once you know what to look for it's actually quite easy. Wagriff is right, the one on the Alcoso is a real one

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso etched dagger with ivory grip and M38 pommel
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso etched dagger with ivory grip and M38 pommel

As promised, two pictures of an artificial Ivory grip. Clearly different from the real Ivory grips. I've shown the complete dagger here:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...y-grip-325020/

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso etched dagger with ivory grip and M38 pommel   Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso etched dagger with ivory grip and M38 pommel  

?

For comparison, two pictures of a real Ivory grip on an army dagger.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso etched dagger with ivory grip and M38 pommel   Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso etched dagger with ivory grip and M38 pommel  

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Its all attributed into knowing every detail from beginning to end of the materials used in creating such quality examples. It is discussions such as these that brings to light and helps prepare the next generation of teachers / Collectors of this History. Many would scoff at the idea of threads being so boring as "why would we talk about scabbard screws"...and anything other that just doesnt stand out in beauty................Without those minute details..the dagger or sword would never exist.....nor the authenticity. Every minute part comes into play .....which all it takes is one non period replaced screw..or fitting...and the artifact will be destined for doubt..or degraded worth.

The great thing about all these forums within the WRF..is we Live Eat and Breathe this stuff...and it drives us..to wanting to know the whole story from the planning stages...to distribution...to the first owner..to the last present owner. Knowing where it came from and where its been is a huge necessity of knowledge..that protects us from the scumbags who rape the opportunity of making a few dollars......and sacrifice history for it.

I am glad Cart you made the statement you made..thank you for contributing your thoughts to this forum Regards Larry

Thanks for your words Larry C. Be sure that passion and devotion demonstrated by you and other guys here are absolutely contagious. When I came here first time I was looking for an answer and discovered a hole world of other questions. I have to thank you all for patience, friendship and amounts of knowledge shared, teaching others how to preserve and respect history.

Thank you Danny for the comparison photos they truly serve its worth here. The forum here is most grateful for your continued contributions. Your photos are excellent in detail. Always our pleasure to view such beautiful examples form your collection.

@ Cart.....Your quite welcome but the thanks goes mostly to all those who continually contribute in seeking the truth for tough questions or reasons. I myself merely just like to remind the collectors to keep the passion alive...or history dies. Im just a custodian here......but loving every minute of it Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Im just a custodian here.....
    Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso etched dagger with ivory grip and M38 pommel

LOL........you know me......I keep a clean forum and I dont wear glasses..... I feel you clicked too soon on the janitor image when ,,right next to it is a clean shaven superchin
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso etched dagger with ivory grip and M38 pommel 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3