Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to get some opinions on this KM before purchasing. Im not an expert on theese daggers, but would like to add a few KM to my collection. It looks unworn, beautyfull, lik

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

Hi guys,
    I would like to get some opinions on this KM before purchasing.
    Im not an expert on theese daggers, but would like to add a few KM to my collection. It looks unworn, beautyfull, like it just came out of the Eickhorn factory.
    Seller seems very serious and trustworthy.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger
    P
    Many

?

Hi Dobson,
    the dagger looks ok for me.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Hi Oleg...in your knowledge..does the light give the impression that there is total loss of the gilt that comes on these Naval daggers?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello, Larry.
    The condition of gilding of navy daggers is also interesting for me: on some daggers we see fully preserved gilding, on others the gilding completely disappeared. In my opinion, the reason is in different conditions of storing of the daggers and, possibly, in different qualities of gilding by different manufacturers.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Hi Oleg, many thanks for your reply, I really appriciate it. Such a nice piece for my dagger collection.
    Dobson

?

I have the feeling that this dagger is way better than the pictures show. I would not be surprised to find out that daylight pictures will show that this piece is mint. Hopefully we get to see them.

Danny

?

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerHi dr73.
    Its way better than the pictures posted. Bonus is that it clics into the scabbard like a bank vault. I will to to post some better pictures in the weekend.
    Best, Dobson
    Last edited by dobson; 05-02-2018 at 04:18 PM.

?

Default More fotos, daylight

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

?

Just as I thought! Fabulous piece

Danny

I think with the preservation of gilt the main reason comes down to how much handling the dagger has had over the last 75 years. Greasy sweaty hands coat objects touched with a corrosive cocktail that will dull gilt and wear it away over time. To preserve gilt, don't touch it, or clean after touching. Also keep dust from gathering on it. That's one of the reasons in museums the staff wear white gloves when handling artifacts. In this case it appears to be a totally unused dagger, perhaps shop stock never sold and kept wrapped up in a box for decades.
    The new owner hopefully will bear this in mind and limit his handling of the dagger, or at least carefully clean it after handling, so this incredible finish is preserved for another generation to see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast