Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

Article about: Hi I have a kriegsmarine dagger that has a shiny copper or rose gold colour on the raised areas of the hammered scabbard and was wondering if this is ok, its an alcoso 2nd model and everythi

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

Hi I have a kriegsmarine dagger that has a shiny copper or rose gold colour on the raised areas of the hammered scabbard and was wondering if this is ok, its an alcoso 2nd model and everything looks textbook, it has the alcoso pommel the diamond crossguard the sailing ship blade stamped correctly the correct scabbard bands and eyelets and the hammered rings, is this copper colour ok its not patina as it has a shiny metal look and its very fine around the raised edges of the hammerd pattern. your opinions would be much appreciated. thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum!

it might come as a surprise but we need pics!!! please post them:
    use: go advanced
    then scroll down and select the " picture upload" button.
    then: add files
    then Select and browse your Pc for the picture map and add your pictures.

Pics say more then a Thousand words, if you want to have decent answers then provide us with the necassary pics please

Regards,
    Ger

ok thanks ger ive tried using my camera phone but its not picking it up al have to get myself a decent camera, thanks anyway.

just thought I would post a few pics I have anyways opinions welcome thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

?

Beautiful dagger! Alcoso is my favourite maker for navy daggers. Just look at the scabbard rings. Alcoso was the only maker of KM daggers that hammered the scabbard rings too. A very nice detail! Also Alcoso navies are far less seen than for example Eickhorn or WKC. I think you can even consider this maker scarce. I would love to see some pictures of the blade. When you take the pictures I would suggest a light background like the one I show below.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

?

So far it look like a gorgeous Alcoso with a desirable colored grip, lovely scabbard too!
    Would also like to see the blade!!

Ger

Thanks dr73 and ger for your comments, here are some pics of the blade which I think is a beauty, I tried the white background but it was a bit bright and I had to hold a spot light to catch the etching in the pic, I used my daughters camera phone this time as its a better one than mine, hope the pics are ok for you, the makers mark is stamped alcoso in an arch over the scales with a c s and Solingen underneath, hope you like, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

?

That's what I was hoping to see You have a very fine KM dagger by a scarce maker with orange grip and superb blade. It has everything a navy collector could wish for! Congratulations on this great piece.

Danny

Beautiful dagger with amazing grip color,congrats

Thanks dr73, il try and get a proper camera for next time I post pics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast