Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

Article about: Hi I have a kriegsmarine dagger that has a shiny copper or rose gold colour on the raised areas of the hammered scabbard and was wondering if this is ok, its an alcoso 2nd model and everythi

Thanks to everyone for your comments and replies.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum Little BMan. Thankyou or your contribution and enjoy your stay here. Many great minds here in their area of collecting and knowledge..which you have already found out just in this thread. Enjoy your stay here..take a read through some of the Naval threads when you get a chance. Any questions?.....never be afraid or intimidated to ask. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This superb blade completes this lovely dagger!

Great one to have in any collection, thx for showing!

Regards,
    Ger

Beautiful Alcoso with the upgraded pebble sheath and what looks to be the original portapee as well. Excellent sailing ship etch blade. A very tragic story behind the company, as the owner was Jewish. I think that the unusual tint of the finish is simply a fading of the original gilt finish from the base metal beneath it. It doesn't matter much in any case, as it's a beauty, for sure. Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks wagriff I was thinking it would be something like that I was a bit worried the base metal was copper and not brass but that would be a bit weird, like you say its prob just the guilt faded and the way its reflecting onto the edges of the pattern, its only visible head on and when I turn the scabbard it disappears and shows at the new head on position, everything on it looks textbook tho so prob ok, I have a wkc with hammered scabbard and this dosnt show on that one so I was a bit concerned about it, could maybe a different type of finnish on it.

?

I'm a big fan of navy daggers So when you have the time to take some pictures, I would love to see your WKC navy with the hammered scabbard too.

Danny

that's a beauty.

Hi everyone here are some pics of my navys as requested, not the best pics as there taken with my camera phone, the eickhorn has the lightening bolt scabbard and fouled anchor blade and the wkc has the plain blade which is unmarked and is a lot brighter than the pic shows, ive also included some pics of them together with the orange grip alcoso with the sailing ship blade which I showed yesterday, hope you like my small collection of navys which I know I will add too as I realy love the look of them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

?

Very nice navy daggers Thanks for showing!

Danny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2