Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

Article about: I recently puchased this dagger from a dealer. I just want to check to make sure everything is okay. My main concern is it might be a parts dagger or re-tiped. Also it has slight pitting on

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

I recently puchased this dagger from a dealer. I just want to check to make sure everything is okay. My main concern is it might be a parts dagger or re-tiped. Also it has slight pitting on the blade and the maker mark is mostly worn off. In this condition what is this dagger worth? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Greg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-12-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: title change

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eickhorn Kreigsmarine Dagger Real or Fake?

Hi Greg welcome to the forum,, your dagger is a 2nd Model Naval dagger made by the Carl Eickhorn firm. From what I can see it looks ok,, but your flash on your camera has washed out alot of the detail,, so it is difficult for the other viewers also to give the best advice. If I may make a suggestion when shooting photos do not use your flash as it bounces back into the lense,, try using indirect lighting or shooting it outside on an overcast day. Shooting photos next to a window is agood source of natural light as long it is not direct sunlight. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

Original 2nd Mod KM Eickhorn, as has been said. The gilt is almost entirely lacking but the grip looks to be crack free and in good shape. Standard type scabbard looks to be dent free. Value-wise? $650....maybe $700 on a real good day. But, remember, this is what a dealer will Sell it to you for-what he will Give for it, is a few hundred dollars or so Less.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

The 2 replies covered it...but 1 thing most be said:

It would even look better if it was put the other way around in the scabbard!
    ( copyright Ade....LOL)

Cheers Ger