Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

Article about: I have never been a big fan of the navy daggers, I really did not have a good or particular reason. Well things have changed when I got a call from a friend who had one for sell that he got

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

I have never been a big fan of the navy daggers, I really did not have a good or particular reason. Well things have changed when I got a call from a friend who had one for sell that he got from a pick. When I saw that orange handle that was it I had to have it. The blade is beautiful, and the portepee was a great bonus. The scabbard has wear but I can live with that. I hope you enjoy and feel free to educate me on the navy's. Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee
    P
    Many

Default More

Few more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

?

Hi Marty.
    An early "textbook" KM dagger by Höller with rib segments running opposite-downward from left to right. That's what you can see only on early Naval daggers by Höller.
    The portepee is in my opinion from an army dagger.
    Best,
    Oleg.

awesome piece,.i like it alot

Oleg, if it is any early Holler would it be safe to say the pommel was changed over to the second model and the portepee was replaced? I know the navy portepee is a little more difficult to tie but not impossible for the modern man to replace. I know everything is pure speculation. Has anyone else seen an army portepee on a navy dagger. Marty

?

Marty,

this dagger is a second model or M1938 pattern dagger. The pommel is not a replacement eagle, rather a typical eagle by Hörster. The portepee is in my opinion just to short to be a naval portepee.

Best,
    Oleg.

Love the colour of that grip and what a great etched blade ,congrats mate. Cheers ,Paul

Nice thread Gents Informative
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I am not at home to examine the dagger in hand, but from pictures there does seem to be wear on the portepee cord where it would rub up against the body.

a cracker of a dagger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast