Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection

Article about: Hello gents, As promised, I want to show you some of my new purchases and a few daggers remaining in my collection for many years. Danny here they go Start with Alcoso. Enjoy Sorge

?

Thank you for your kind words, guys.
    I will try to take photos of some interesting daggers from time to time.

Today a very interesting late Eickhorn. Steel scabbard, oval - stamped TM. It looks very slightly used and no signs of post-war modification.

Sorge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection   Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection  

Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection   Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection  

Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection   Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection
    P
    Many

Nice dagger,but why do you think it's a late production Eickhorn ?
    The oval MM was one of the earliest I thought.

Regards

?

Quote by stingray View Post
    Nice dagger,but why do you think it's a late production Eickhorn ?
    The oval MM was one of the earliest I thought.

Regards
    Hi Stingray,
    I also thought so, and then I got this dagger..
    I'll show you a comparison of early(R) and late(L) Eickhorn with a double oval TM and also my suggestion of Eickhorn TM chronology.

Sorge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection   Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection  

?

I have to agree with Stingray, the double oval is 33-35. Sorge the scabbard on what you are saying is a late double oval Eickhorn does not appear to have the acanthus leaf pattern at the bottom of the scabbard going around onto the sides of the scabbard, this is seen on post war reproduction Eickhorn scabbards with the post war etched maker mark. If this maker mark was used so late on in the period were are all the other examples that would have been produced after the over the shoulder maker mark, this is the only one like this I have seen.
    The others are fantastic especially the U9, thanks for showing this rare dagger.
    Best Tomaz.

?

Hi Sorge, that's a very nice collection of Eickhorn navy daggers! Like the others I'm not aware of the use of the double oval trademark on a late navy dagger. I also can't explain why Eickhorn would go back to one of their first trademarks at the end of the war and why they would only do it on navy daggers and not on the other types like heer or luftwaffe.

Danny

?

My comments on the scabbard though are what is normally seen on the brass post war ones so this being steel is still a bit of a mystery, I would expect a dagger made so late on and if after the over the shoulder maker mark as you say this is to have a pot metal cross guard and pommel, this looks brass.
    Wittmann shows a late Eickhorn in his navy book on page 429 with pot metal hilt and steel scabbard, it also has the acanthus leaf pattern going all the way around the bottom of the scabbard.

Best Tomaz.

?

Thank you for all your replies.
    This dagger is mysterious for sure. Even more that I have it direct from the veteran family, and in the middle of the blade I found a bend that may occur when the owner tried to break it after the war(?).
    TM looks period but never seen on M38 kriegsmarine dagger.
    Sorge

Last edited by Sorge; 04-24-2016 at 10:05 AM.

?

njmilitaria dagger knife helmet pistol badge
    I found a dagger with an identical TM. It is possible that at the end of the war the company has used what they had, early blade with other late production elements. Just my thoughts.

Sorge

?

Here are some pictures from the link provided by Sorge so that this thread is still usefull after the link is gone. In my opinion all parts of this one are early and not late like the parts of Sorge's dagger.

Danny

?

Quote by dr73 View Post
    Here are some pictures from the link provided by Sorge so that this thread is still usefull after the link is gone. In my opinion all parts of this one are early and not late like the parts of Sorge's dagger.

Danny
    You're right Danny, the pictures from my link shows correct M29 dagger with the same blade and TM as on my late Eickhorn. How was it possible, maybe someday we will know.. As I stated, there is no replacement signs on my dagger.

Today, another late dagger. Beautiful and minty unmarked WKC. The dagger came with a Konteradmiral August Boning grouping.
    Konteradmiral (V) August B

Best
    Sorge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast